BMW Z8 Alpina

JimmyK

GT Owner
May 27, 2008
Lafayette, California
:winkHi Team GT, Does anyone own a Z8? I am looking for a Z8 Alpina - because I like the look of the car and they made so few of them. Any opinions or experience relative to performance and or valuation up or down over the next decade or two would be much appreciated - and if anyone has a recommendation on where I might find a cherry Alpina. Thanks, JimmyK

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have a Z8

IMHO, I would take the Z8 over the Alpina for the following

1) M5 motor
2) Manual tranny

I have all the Dinan S2 upgrades and was the prototyper for Brembo to convert 550 brakes to the Z8 way back in early 02'.

Great all around boulevard cruiser.

Having said that, The Alpina has a nicer interior. And Maybe a better Stereo? All in all a very nicely built car. Make sure yours has the Monte Carlo brace and shock tower reinforcement the factory retrofitted to all the Z8s

Did you look at Andrew's site www.bmwz8.us ?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have a Z8

1) M5 motor
2) Manual tranny

I have all the Dinan S2 upgrades and was the prototyper for Brembo to convert 550 brakes to the Z8 way back in early 02'.

Having said that, The Alpina has a nicer interior. And Maybe a better Stereo? All in all a very nicely built car. Make sure yours has the Monte Carlo brace and shock tower reinforcement the factory retrofitted to all the Z8s

You are saying you like the regular Z8 over the Alpina Z8?

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes that is exactly what I am saying.:thumbsup

He asked for an opinion and IMHO I think the Z8 is more desirable than a Aplina. But that is my opinion only.

Andrew's site is going to give the best pulse on the current state of the union.

Aug 25, 2006
I have a Z8

1) M5 motor
2) Manual tranny

Agreed

Shadowman

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I will agree as well. All of us have had z8's

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have a Z8 that I bought new back in 2001. I remember thinking 400HP was a bunch back in the day. :lol

I have to chime in here and agree with the above on preferring the regular Z8 over the Alpina.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Z8

Dittos on what Chris said. :thumbsup I have the standard Z8 and in my opinion it's a nicer car. If for no other reason than the manual shift. It's a blast in the NC mountains...

Gordo.