BMW M6 tire pressures for the track

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this-Dave/Bony feel free to move as you see fit.
I have a low mileage BMW M6 I want to put on a track[VIR]. I have tried to get some basic info ref. tire pressures, alignment settings[camber, toe], duration of stock brake pads etc from several BMW forums as well as Dinan, but have had no success. Anyone here with some experience tracking a stock M6 who could give me a couple of recommendations?
Thanks.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I took my stock 08 M3 up to NHIS a couple of weeks ago, and I used 42 cold. Did not get too much sidelwall roll. It is tough with a street tire on the track, as the tread just wants to tear off. In 3 sessions the Pilot sports are not looking too good, but they did survive. I know it seems high, but I did not want them rolling over and getting completely distroyed. I know this is not much help either but is what I did..... If you have some track experience, be SURE to get the traction control off, the M3 was very invasive in a track envoronment.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this-Dave/Bony feel free to move as you see fit.
I have a low mileage BMW M6 I want to put on a track[VIR]. I have tried to get some basic info ref. tire pressures, alignment settings[camber, toe], duration of stock brake pads etc from several BMW forums as well as Dinan, but have had no success. Anyone here with some experience tracking a stock M6 who could give me a couple of recommendations?
Thanks.

Unless you lower the car and add a stage two suspension the camber will not matter that much. I have an m6, and have added a stage 2 dinan suspension. I have lowered it an inch, I am unaware of the exact camber settings. On the low speed corners the camber helps the turn in a lot. on wide open turns doing 90 to 130 the car feels very heavy, no matter what I do. I run the stock brake pads, and they are fine. No brake fade at all. I have the pirelli p corsas systems and I run 30 cold. I would think if you are running the michelins you should be around 38 cold. I think 42 cold is too high. After your first run you can tell if you need more or less air.

DSC on will really get on your nerves. If you plan to turn it off then just becareful. It's a heavy car so the back end will not snap. And you need to concentrate much more when the dsc is off. the m6 will feel heavy and you can't jsut throw into the turns like you can porsches, but once you get the hang of going in slow and using the power coming out of the turns you will love it.

If their is anything else you need to know then please ask. You can also go to m6board.com to ask for any more info. I hope its okay if I put that.(to the mods)

thx