Blue with Orange stripes

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Don't like red on a GT, coz I'd get tired of the question "hey, what kinda Ferrari is that?" Then I got to play with the liquid red at the NYIAS last week -that colour is friggin incredible, shows up the lines sooo well. I'm smitten

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Stick to your heritage mongrel. RED owners would revolt if you try to join our group.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Red paint turns pink... stay with the blue orange!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Red paint turns pink... stay with the blue orange!
Oh, no! A pink GT?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I like the blue/orange but partial to Red. Previously I posted that I haven't seen any combos that I don't like.

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Yes - the Red is "Liquid Red"..
Unless you pick a 'special pallet color ' / pay extra (over the $5000.00 for liquid Red) and then 'timing' does become and issue.
ajb (andy)

I was quoted $50K for a custom color in October when I ordered mine.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I was quoted $50K for a custom color in October when I ordered mine.

Because you chose pink?

Ed

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Because you chose pink?

Ed

Actually it was Heritage Blue. You can figure out what my thoughts were with the rest of the paint. Back in October they were estimating costs so never got it firm.

But I was told recently there are a lot of people choosing custom color. Haven't asked in past 6 months if it's still $50K

Anyone get a quote. I do know when I asked they told Me I would definitely move further down the line in build date.

Ed have You ordered Your car yet?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Pdiddy.
The 3 liquid colors are an upcharge of $5000.00 each for paint. Any special pallet color ,even a current Ford color such as Lightning Blue is $50,000 up charge plus timing affect to your build sequence.
I ordered mine in Liquid Blue, therefore a $5000.00 charge and $10,000 charge for white stripes.
Andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
....Ed have You ordered Your car yet?

March-May 2018

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not quite. I gave them 5 colors, received samples of each. The maximum was $30k. Ordered it in December, in production now. I am imagining they would still charge more for Heritage Blue.

A lot of people are inquiring. Not a lot of people are ordering. I can think of 6 that have ordered a custom color that have signed off and put the order in. Two match their previous gen GTs. One matches his original GT40. If you sign off on the sample and order it when your window is open, it would be like ordering any other color and wouldn't change your production sequence.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks DBK. This answers several questions of mine.

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I should just clarify that the extended color palette cost is a range. I would expect that most out of range paints will be ~$30k. But if you want something that is more complicated or time consuming it can certainly be higher.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes, thanks for clarification.
Andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I should just clarify that the extended color palette cost is a range. I would expect that most out of range paints will be ~$30k. But if you want something that is more complicated or time consuming it can certainly be higher.

Would it be better to choose an existing 2017 Ford color? White gold or burgundy velvet? Close to brown colors are making a comeback: bronze fire.

Ed

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Would it be better to choose an existing 2017 Ford color? White gold or burgundy velvet? Close to brown colors are making a comeback: bronze fire.

Ed

Stop talking to Anders. He is corrupting your senses.

Vince H

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
Got my color kit and car is scheduled to be built very soon so time to shit or get off the....

Thanks to the people that gave real input.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Are you suggesting some of us are unreal?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
The kit is a necessity when ordering. One hour with it eliminated blue with orange stripe.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The kit is a necessity when ordering. One hour with it eliminated blue with orange stripe.

:lol