Black Supercharger & Pulley

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
I've noticed a couple reviews of stock GT's including photos of a black supercharger & pulley. Wondering if anyone knows the background as I assumed all production models were silver in color.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/articles/images/2005-ford-gt-engine-full.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They are black on the new Shelby 500, not on the Ford GT.

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
This was in reference to the GT rather than the mustang. Here's another article prior to the release of the GT that appears to contain the same stock image. Apparently it was something in pre-production. Was just curious why the change.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/specialreports/articles/100499/article.html

Aug 25, 2006
This was in reference to the GT rather than the mustang. Here's another article prior to the release of the GT that appears to contain the same stock image. Apparently it was something in pre-production. Was just curious why the change.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/specialreports/articles/100499/article.html

You are correct and if you look closely it is a different supercharger too; count the ribs and look at the style. Those on the black unit are a close double rib design and only 6 sets of them. The rubber air inlet tube is different as well.

You have a good eye; as I have some of the original dealer pre-sales glossys and black in in them too.

All production pieces are the silver units.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you download the Ford GT screensaver, they also show a black SC and black head covers, but in real life, they are silver and blue.

Aug 25, 2006
If you download the Ford GT screensaver, they also show a black SC and black head covers, but in real life, they are silver and blue.

News at 11:00; LOL

I will post a couple scanned pictures from the dealer "Preview Guide" aka pre-sales glossys shortly

I had to reduce the size of the scans however you can still see that in the middle of the page is the picture of the engine (appears to be the same as shown in the poster's link) of the gal's heart with the different style black supercharger. You will also see at the upper right corner a picture with a silver (appears to be polished) supercharger.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• GT Brochure Cover.jpg
    GT Brochure Cover.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 404
  • GT Brochure Picture.jpg
    GT Brochure Picture.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Thanks for the quick replies. I was researching an SC upgrade and noticed some variation in "stock" appearance. Glad they made the change even if it was just aesthetics.

Aug 25, 2006
Thanks for the quick replies. I was researching an SC upgrade and noticed some variation in "stock" appearance. Glad they made the change even if it was just aesthetics.

You are very welcome

Shadowman

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I kinda like the all black look.

Aug 25, 2006
I kinda like the all black look.

As did and do I.

Certainly I enjoy looking at and can appreciate all the extreme detailing such as polishing that folks put into their gals however I remain much more mechanically orientated and like the adage where “form follows function” and in the case of my gal I like her to look, feel, and sound like a thoroughbred; a race car at heart..

Initially I was not going to post the pictures of my gal’s new pump because I did not want it to seem as if I was less than excited about what others have and are doing with their gals however with this thread and now your comment I feel it is appropriate.

I know that my choice of color and texture is not for everyone as remains the case when the topic of the bigger pump comes up and yet I hope that during the process of folks such as me sharing their path other individual’s ideas are formed.

During the building of this supercharger the case was machined for 10-32 screws on both sides and at the present time a machinist that works with me on various projects is working to create a couple finishing touch side panels for the case. At this time we are intending to complete them in stainless steel however the final color, finish, and texture has not been determined.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC00833.JPG
    DSC00833.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00834.JPG
    DSC00834.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 297

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
me likey, no doubt the way to go from a performance standpoint.

Perhaps you could share some of the pics of the GT from your web site?

not to hijack the thread, any chance to get a mac relocate done when the GT Guys come to your shop, in addition to the bumper delete. I could get the CF piece from Brian?? Thanks Bill.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Stormcat that looks really great!!! I like the SS screws and plate. Nice contrast to really show of the black. Is that a matte or gloss black you are using?

Aug 25, 2006
Stormcat that looks really great!!! I like the SS screws and plate. Nice contrast to really show of the black. Is that a matte or gloss black you are using?

Now how did Stormcat get attached to this unit? LOL

This pump is being made ready to be installed on my gal.

Initially the cast pieces were cleaned up (meaning typical casting flaws were removed, and then all of the pieces were bead blasted for a uniform finish prior to a combination of final finish processes being uses i.e. hard anodizing and semi gloss powder coating.

Even the air intake portion of the supercharger and the AccuFab throttle body were tweak all for the purpose of making the "Huge" pump appears as if it originally arrived on the gal.

Thank you for the comments

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
Aug 25, 2006
me likey, no doubt the way to go from a performance standpoint.

Perhaps you could share some of the pics of the GT from your web site?

not to hijack the thread, any chance to get a mac relocate done when the GT Guys come to your shop, in addition to the bumper delete. I could get the CF piece from Brian?? Thanks Bill.

BTW Bony

PM me regarding the subwoofer enclosure and by all mean put Rich on notice so that between you two the few misc items can be acquired in advance.

So to answer your question; yes.

Shadowman

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Shadowman...that is Killer. Love the black. I want one!!