Big THANKS to DBK!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Dave,

Thank you very much for putting on a wonderful event!!

Not only were you able to assemble the largest group of Ford GT owners in one place...but buddy....you put together an EVENT!!

I have not been able to take full advantage of all of the cool gatherings you made happen, but my balance comes from meeting some passionate and talented men. You have truly made every minute valuable.

This week ROCKS!

...and it ain't over!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
here here!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thank you Mr. Hayde! I hope everyone had a pretty decent time. It's easy to have fun when you have the honest to god coolest and down to earth car guys as your crowd!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
P.S, now it's time to have a few (dozen) cocktails on a yacht :wink

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I was talking with my wife yesterday. I had never quite found the right car club. BMW, Porsche, etc. Fine cars no doubt, but I never found what I believe we have found here.

Dave - Thanks so much for your wonderful attitude and concern for the Ford GT Community - both the car and the membership. The forum and your work helps develop and build personal friendships as well as knowledge and appreciation for our cars and owners.

I love how diverse and truly enthusiastic our club is. Everyone I have met during this week shows a genuine love for the FORD GT and for motorsports and cars in general. Although you would think that would be standard for any car club, it hasn't always been my experience.

Looking forward to relaxing on the yacht!

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
I am having an great time as well. Thanks for doing the event!

Is it true is we miss the shuttle we have to swim to the yacht?

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Dave,

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this event and everything you so graciously do for the GT community.

I remember the first day I drove my GT, and as I got out , stood back, and reflected on one of the most amazing one hour automobile drives in my life, I thought to myself, "It does not get any better than this". Well I was wrong.

I would have never thought that purchasing this amazing car was only half of the equation.

Dave, you have been the other half of the equation, like hitting the sports car club lottery. What you have so generously given to the GT community is irreplaceable, not only to those of us involved today, but for the future generations who will become the next keepers of this amazing automobile.

Again, Thank You!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
thanks from me also

Thanks DBK! Great job on the Rally. It was nice to meet you finally. Can we have Rally III in California again? San Francisco Bay area? Thanks again.

Ed

PS I'll learn how to spell "Participant" by then!!!

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Thankyou Much Dave! You did a wonderful job. I had a great time with truly great people. We are blessed to have such a forum family as this. I hope to make the next rally wherever it may be. God bless all of you.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was talking with my wife yesterday. I had never quite found the right car club. BMW, Porsche, etc. Fine cars no doubt, but I never found what I believe we have found here.

Dave - Thanks so much for your wonderful attitude and concern for the Ford GT Community - both the car and the membership. The forum and your work helps develop and build personal friendships as well as knowledge and appreciation for our cars and owners.

I love how diverse and truly enthusiastic our club is. Everyone I have met during this week shows a genuine love for the FORD GT and for motorsports and cars in general. Although you would think that would be standard for any car club, it hasn't always been my experience.

Looking forward to relaxing on the yacht!

Thanks Randy. It was great to meet you and your dad. SteveA and I have discussed it more than once, but the caliber of people you meet from this site is unlike any other. We've got more than a few people who've managed to unlock an extra couple percent of their grey matter, and you're probably at the top of the list, as well as just being a class guy to hang around with!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am having an great time as well. Thanks for doing the event!

Is it true is we miss the shuttle we have to swim to the yacht?

No problem Ward. Good to have an S7TT owner and party animal join the fun. I'd throw in a few expletives for effect but this ain't the Alley. :biggrin

Dave,

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this event and everything you so graciously do for the GT community.

I remember the first day I drove my GT, and as I got out , stood back, and reflected on one of the most amazing one hour automobile drives in my life, I thought to myself, "It does not get any better than this". Well I was wrong.

I would have never thought that purchasing this amazing car was only half of the equation.

Dave, you have been the other half of the equation, like hitting the sports car club lottery. What you have so generously given to the GT community is irreplaceable, not only to those of us involved today, but for the future generations who will become the next keepers of this amazing automobile.

Again, Thank You!

Thanks Eldon. Means alot to me. The effort to make it happen was more than worth it because of comments like this and just seeing the enjoyment people get out of it. Beyond just driving the car, but being part of such a diverse, interesting and intelligent group of people.:cheers

Thanks DBK! Great job on the Rally. It was nice to meet you finally. Can we have Rally III in California again? San Francisco Bay area? Thanks again.

Ed

PS I'll learn how to spell "Participant" by then!!!

Thanks Ed. We'll come back to California eventually. How can you not? Good weather, tons of cars, great scenery (in more ways than one). This was a great setting for all this stuff and there are a ton of great people out here. Don't worry about particpants. We shall never speak of said incident again :lol

Thankyou Much Dave! You did a wonderful job. I had a great time with truly great people. We are blessed to have such a forum family as this. I hope to make the next rally wherever it may be. God bless all of you.

Thanks! We really are lucky :cheers

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
most excellent event, you ROCK DBK ! :thumbsup

Last edited:

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Many Thanks!

DBK it was a pleasure to meet you and have the opportunity to participate in the Rally. Thanks for all of your time and effort to coordinate this event, you did a GREAT job :thumbsup I'm already making plans for next year, regardless of where. I'll see you when you pass through AZ :cheers
John

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
A truly outstanding event! I am certain that most will agree that it will be a benchmark that will be very difficult to surpass.

I most appreciated DBK's posted list of 'thank yous' in the adjacent Rally II thread. A very modest, low key guy with tremendous energy and heart. We are the beneficiaries of it! Thank you Dave! :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
DBK Thanks

:thumbsup:thumbsup::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:

:party

Just about all I can say is : WOW

Great Event.

Even greater people.

GT owners = :thumbsup :cool

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
yes THANK YOU DAVE..and can I get my credentials now...!!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It was a true pleasure to meet all of you. I can't imagine a better vacation than hanging out with a bunch of car nuts that like to talk about cars but like to drive them even more. I hope to see you guys again, in Texas, Florida, California or wherever Dave decides.

I consider it an honor to be a part of a group like this.

Let me also say thanks to Ford for building this fantastic car. :thumbsup

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Just got home from a 20+ hr cross country drive in the GT and I'm already looking forward to the next event!! :banana :lol Definitely well worth the long drive!! :thumbsup

Dave, I can't thank you enough for all the work you have done on the site and in planning these events. I would especially like to thank you for allowing me to become a part of the GT family from the very beginning, despite not owning a GT. I joined the forum to read and learn more about my favorite car, and over the past couple of years, what I've gotten from this forum and from attending the rallies has far exceeded anything I could have imagined! Two years ago, I would have considered myself the luckiest girl in the world just to have an opportunity to see a fine car such as this at some point. Because of all the work that you continuously give to this site and to organizing events such as this CA rally, I've met lots of amazing people, made some great friends, have had multiple opportunities to drive these beautiful cars, and now have one sitting in the garage that I can look at every day! :biggrin Without this site and these fun events, I wouldn't have experienced any of this. GREAT work Dave (and to all who helped out) and a big thanks! :cheers

MJ

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks Dave. You are truly the Organizer Extraordinaire for an amazingly diverse and blessed group of owners who must have similar DNA and who are under the spell of the most amazing car ever. Thanks for the fantastic event.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Dave, so many have already stated the deep gratitude and appreciation I have for you and my fellow GTers that helped with this phenomenal event. :cheers
These kinds of experiences can only come from an incredible level of conviction and commitment and you certainly showed everyone you have that, not to mention great vision and the ability to execute such.
I tip my hat to you.:bow