Big HP and lack driving skills.... bad combo

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Has anyone seen this? One would think people have the wherewithal to drive a car like this would clearly know to only go WOT with the front wheels pointing straight!! Or, unless having similar drifting skill like Seb Leob.... Damn.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c99_1372613418

GTED

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Holy crap.....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yet another glaring example as to why spectators should never be allowed to stand close to any racetrack.

I just don't get it...:frown

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ What Pockets said. That whole setup was ripe for disaster.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Still remember those pictures from the Rallye Monte Carlo in the 80ies where drifting cars were passing the cheering crowd at unbelievable speeds on sandy roads through the woods at night (night of the long knifes). I still frighten when I see that.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey, come on, it's in Poland (Poznan to be exact). Automotive safety is only a buzz word there.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I remember going to the very last event at Irwindale Drag Strip, before it was shut down and turned into a brewery of some sort. It was a FunnyCar only night....64 of them to start as I recall. It was a very cool show. But as the day went on people started sneaking in, knocking down fences, etc etc. And then they started slipping over the first wall by the stands, at first far from the track still. Security was no match. They kept saying on the PA that they were gonna stop the show. But the people, now a massive crowd, just kept slowly sneaking closer and closer, and they kept running the eliminations. By the final races of the night the short wall at the edge of the track was a continuous line of people sitting on it with legs over on the trackside. It was one of the most insane things I've seen in racing. I guess the promoters knew they lost control but just hoped to get through this final night. And they did. Remember, this wasn't in some small foreign country somewhere, this was in Los Angeles!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Remember, this wasn't in some small foreign country somewhere, this was in Los Angeles!

Trust me...L.A. IS a foreign country...

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles

Haha, yes I get that.....but it's also the lawyer capital of the world, or at least close. And I think that's the point, they get away with crazy things in countries with little litigation......

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ditto for SF!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That was a terrible site watching him take out the spectators
I hope their were no fatalities

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I'm surprised there aren't more accidents at the WRC and Isle of Man TT races.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Why do people think that once they have wheel spin that it would be a great idea to shift and increase the wheel spin? Lots of videos out the of people doing that and having the back end come around.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm surprised there aren't more accidents at the WRC and Isle of Man TT races.

That is a testament to the amazing skill of those drivers/riders. I think the WRC drivers are the best in the world.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That is a testament to the amazing skill of those drivers/riders. I think the WRC drivers are the best in the world.
they sure are

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Get them spinnin in first then jam it into second and let off after you realize you have no clue what you are doing... dumbasses

[video=youtube;I7pKSQ-I1kQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7pKSQ-I1kQ[/video]
[video=youtube;lqcfA9tuanI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqcfA9tuanI[/video]
[video=youtube;3yg1LKnRDGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3yg1LKnRDGM[/video]

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As I've mentioned a time or two before..."Just because one is qualified to write the check..."

Superior Pockets

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Dumbasses freak out and jump off the go pedal unloading the ass end and wala comes right around lol

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Still remember those pictures from the Rallye Monte Carlo in the 80ies where drifting cars were passing the cheering crowd at unbelievable speeds on sandy roads through the woods at night (night of the long knifes). I still frighten when I see that.
Catch the TV documentary "Rallying, the killer years", some gruesome stuff

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
As I've mentioned a time or two before..."Just because one is qualified to write the check..."

Superior Pockets

I believe you have mentioned this....and as the wise person you are to follow your own advise, you have written the check and then parked it.