Best space-saving 4-post lift?

VetteFish

Sep 27, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi all, I am deep in analysis paralysis researching 4 post lifts. The lift would be going in my 2-car garage side (my 3rd car spot does not have the height) and I am looking for the best space saving 4-post that will still accommodate the GT, without giving up the parking spot next to it. I know the Bendpak HD9 is the go-to, at 110" overall width it is past center line in my garage and bleeds into my second space. I originally was planning to go with an ACL Single Post lift, but now that pricing is close to $20k installed, that is a bit much.

The following lifts seem to have a slightly smaller footprint which would be preferred, but I also don't want to have issues getting the GT on the lift/between the columns. Some options I am considering:

Advantage DX9000 - 108" width
Atlas Pro8000 - 105" width

I know there are a ton of threads on lifts (which I have gone through), but I am really trying to see real-world use for people with these to see if it makes sense for the GT before I pull the trigger on the bendpak. Much appreciated!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have ATLAS 408SL, with 82" drive through width. Both old and new GTs fit.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
You might want to make sure the runways (outside to outside) are wide enough. I don't put my FGT on my current Atlas lift since the car is about 77" wide and the outside runway to outside runway on my Atlas lift is about 75". Plus, there is a little metal lift mechanism housing near outside edge of runway (near the post) so you can't just plan on being able to overhang.

I could probably squeeze through (but just little to spare) and let the wheels hang off 1" on either side, but I just store my more normal width cars there. But I am looking at one of the wider lifts for the Ford.

Attachments

• Lift ramp.jpg
    Lift ramp.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 21

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
I've got the HD9XW. The extra length and width I thought might be a little much, but I'm glad I did it.
Sorry bout the image, but you get the idea.

Screenshot_20220602-120028_Amcrest View Pro.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have the extra width bendpac
Very pleased with them
But ask GT DREAMER he has a really nice set up and is a great guy
In less you are Specracer I’d recommend having them professionally installed. Andy can build or fix just about anything!

Attachments

• 899C859D-FC03-4281-B79A-97451FFA224E.jpeg
    899C859D-FC03-4281-B79A-97451FFA224E.jpeg
    928.2 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Specracer

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They aren’t complicated to assemble, they are HEAVY!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Mine had HORRIBLE (almost unintelligible) and at times incorrect instructions. Luckily, I found a YouTube video made by a guy as he assembled his (same brand/model but it looks like they are all pretty much the same). He even showed the mistakes and where he had to re-do things, and explained what NOT to do. I set up my laptop in the garage, watched and assembled it.

A friend had his professionally installed. I do admit his process was easier and didn't require expletives.

Reactions: extrap

VetteFish

Sep 27, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Decided the extra hassle of a narrower lift wasn't worth the in/out issues, looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on the bendpak.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I have the wide BENDPAK.
Works perfectly.
Mark

Reactions: RPM217