Best GT40 Books for the home/office

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Now that I have the car, (I just took my friend for a ride and he had to change his drawers afterwards) which books are the best ones or one you guys recommend? Or do I have to load my cart at Amazon with all of them?

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-that-Beat-Ferrari-History/dp/1844251136/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I have Blue & Orange...The History of Gulf in Motorsports, Ford GT....Then & Now, the SVT book (Coffee Table) Ford GT "The Supercar Returns"
I prefer Ford GT Then & Now to all of them.

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
In hindsight, perhaps we should have had more "Ford GT Team History" printed.
There were only 1000 copies printed, but thanks to the urging of DBK, we printed 200 more for GT owners.

I know a few hit e bay a while back, but now that GTs are changing hands often, it would be nice for new owners to at least look at it.

I'm not giving up my 3 copies tho. :box:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mherman, do a search. there are several lists of books to own. Larry Edsal's (sp?) is my favorite.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
In hindsight, perhaps we should have had more "Ford GT Team History" printed.
There were only 1000 copies printed, but thanks to the urging of DBK, we printed 200 more for GT owners.

I know a few hit e bay a while back, but now that GTs are changing hands often, it would be nice for new owners to at least look at it.

I'm not giving up my 3 copies tho. :box:

Rich you hoarder you....... Come on sell one copy for $750 to one of the new guys...... Hell, for that price somebody can by my second unsigned one. The signed one - well thats a different story :biggrin

Rally 1 was unique and the tour of the Wixom plant and other sites were a perfect set only completed by the book.

[see Rich - I do value your contribution]

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Ford GT Books

Good to have books on the ford gt and gt40:

GT40 An Individual History and Race Record. by Ronnie Spain published by Motorbooks

The Ford that Beat Ferrari by John S. Allen & Gordon J. Jones Hanyes publishing

Ford GT The Legend Comes to Life by Larry Edsall Forward by Carroll Shelby published by Motorbooks

Ford Racing Century by Edsall & Teske published by Motorbooks

Ford Total Performance The Road to World Racing Domination by Gabbard published by HPBooks -1327

World Registry of Cobras & GT40's 4th edition published by Kopec/Eder Publishing

Of these Ford GT The Legend comes to life and GT40 An Individual History and race history are must haves. :thumbsup:driving:

Enjoy your new GT .:cool::driving:

ford gt 1625

GT Owner
Sep 1, 2009
Atlanta GA
Road & track Test results.1962-1983

Last edited: