Best Dealer Experience EVER! Gene Hamon Ford #1!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I've dreaded any dealer laying a hand on my baby since the day I brought her home. I've dropped by several local dealerships in the Houston area in anticipation of the need to find good service, and I've generally gotten a mixture of apathy and incompetence in equal parts from the local dealers.

With the axle bolt TSB out, I had to bite the bullet and took her down to Gene Hamon Ford in Texas City on the recommendations of DrGT and KOSupply. This was an 85 mile round trip for me, but man was it worth it! Considering my experience there I would make the drive again if I lived in Dallas!

Wayne Clement and Tomy Hamon are simply outstanding. They are true car guys and a true gentlemen. These guys went above and beyond on every aspect. They did the TSB, did the 5000 mile service, installed a Borla exhaust, installed an iPod harness, found that my vents on the clamshell were cracked and took the initiative to overnight replacements and paint/mount them, and as I was picking up the car, they noticed that the rear panel was loose (it had been loose since I bought the car) and was rubbing the frame rail supporting the rear bumper. They proceeded to take me to lunch and had it painted while we ate. The car was ready when we got back and the quality was absolutely perfect. Fantastic guys and fantastic dealership all the way around. If you live anywhere even remotely near the Houston area, trust me, it's well worth the trip to Gene Hamon Ford in Texas City.:cheers:cheers:banana:thumbsup

Thanks Guys!!!

You have my friendship and my business!

Jess

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Tomy Hamon is a class act and true friend of the forum. :cheers

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Fantastic. Congrats! :thumbsup

Now how far is it from SoCal to Texas City? Let's get the GPS out and.....

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Truly!

My experience there was an anomally compared to any dealership experience I've had in the last 15 years or more. Car dealers seem to lack the passion for cars as art these days, and it really saddens me. In this day and age of parts changers replacing mechanics, and guys not remembering your name 10 minutes after you buy a car, it feels fantastic to talk to and deal with guys like Tomy and Wayne. There may still be hope for the world after all.

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston

It's a ways, but it's nothing compared to the damage that can be done to your gal in the hands of some numpty. If you ever find yourself out this way it's an oasis of competence and friendship.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Tomy Hamon is a class act and true friend of the forum. :cheers

+1 on that

now DBK I know it's a long cold winter in MoTown but you really got to do something better than coming up with and the posting of the "anti Bony" avatar!

Mar 15, 2006
Tommy is a great guy and runs a first class operation!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Thanks for the info. That is good to know!

:cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Piece of cake.

Wayne Clement and Tomy Hamon are simply outstanding. ...and as I was picking up the car, they noticed that the rear panel was loose (it had been loose since I bought the car) and was rubbing the frame rail supporting the rear bumper. They proceeded to take me to lunch and had it painted while we ate. You have my friendship and my business!
Jess

Jess,

This is what anybody that knows Tomy would expect. Straightening out a rear panel rubbing the frame rail is a piece of cake for him. During dinner last year at our Barrett Jackson get together here in Scottsdale, Tomy and his lovely wife straightened out my son Charley on some far more difficult issues!! A standout good guy and a great friend.

Chip

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal

AGREED!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gosh Jess your way too kind. I'm very fortunate to have great employees and passonate GT people. Cocktails at lunch help also. Learned from Boney. (Only kiding.) Thanks for the kind words but every GT owner should get superb service. Tomy

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
De Nada Tomy!

I mean what I said. I'm glad you're only 42 miles away, as I'd still make the trip for that kind of service it it was 400.

Thanks again!

Jess:cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sounds like they should set up a GT service branch in S. FL !!!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
This is no surprise to me. Tomy sets a high standard for all to follow. :cheers

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Gosh Jess your way too kind. I'm very fortunate to have great employees and passonate GT people. Cocktails at lunch help also. Learned from Boney. (Only kiding.) Thanks for the kind words but every GT owner should get superb service. Tomy

WOW!

Sounds like they should set up a GT service branch in S. FL !!!

NO KIDDING?!