Best Car Cover ?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
What is the best aftermarket car cover? I am partial to tan flannel

-California Car Cover
-Covercraft
-Others ???????

Really want to know which one fits the best, quality, workmanship?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I got this: http://www.covercraft.com/Form-Fit™.htm

BUT I got it from another source that simply sells these on their own behalf. I would go straight to the horses mouth. Fit is excelent. If you look around they all use the same names for the different fabric and many of these come from these guys.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I have the california super soft cover. Very nice. Fits perfect, but the sides droop just a bit and touch the ground.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I also have the California Car Cover, fits nice and tight and about 1 inch off the floor. I think there was another thread on this...you may want to do a search. Good Luck.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
My car came with a very nice cover! Did they not all come with one?

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Big Carrot said:
My car came with a very nice cover! Did they not all come with one?

Yes they all have that one from the factory, but I would never let that touch my paint. I have the CA cover and it is very close to the one that came with my ferrari. Very soft and fits like a glove. The Ford one is just that, a ford car cover. Not a supercar cover.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
davefordgt said:
Yes they all have that one from the factory, but I would never let that touch my paint. I have the CA cover and it is very close to the one that came with my ferrari. Very soft and fits like a glove. The Ford one is just that, a ford car cover. Not a supercar cover.

+1

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Hi Guys

We get a lot of cold damp weather here in the UK, as most of us know thatmoisture in the air is one of the worst attackers to metals and the dramatic change in temp. A car cover would be ok if I had a climate controled garage to keep my GT, but I dont.

So I have a climate controlled bubble to keep my car free from moisture and even dust.

The ventilation system includes carbon filters, and cost practically nothing to run.

The Gt can be put in the bubble slightly damp and it has a drying facility too.

This is an internal bubble, but external bubbles are available to.

It stops rusting, brakes sticking and the need for cleaning during its storage, its great and a real investment Im pleased with, no other cover required, especially the hard one supplied with the car.

Carcoon3.jpg

Carcoon2.jpg

Carcoon1.jpg

Sorry, should have added that its powered by mains electricity through a 12v plug transformer powereing to small 12v fans

Last edited:

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Indoor Car Cover

Hey Kayvan, I use covers all the time because my garage is so active. I saved the stock cover for road trips and purchased a California Car cover SPEC FF FF16717FG NO GROMETS. This cover is a super soft interior cover!!! Phone 800 423-5525

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Can you buy Actual GT covers off the shelf now in the States?

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Where can you buy actual car covers for the GT

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Does anyone know where I can buy the front Bra,

I would need to export it to the UK, would I save on usa tax?

Thanks in advance all