"Beep" heard when going over uneven pavement?

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
Ok, this may sound crazy and its hard to describe sounds with words but I'll try. Today I took the car out and I went over train tracks at about 25 mph. they weren't overly bumpy but obviously not perfectly smooth road. When I went over it, I heard a noticeable 'beep' and then my brake idiot light went on. It stayed on for a few minutes then went off when i stopped the car. when i restarted it was no longer on. And no my emergency brake was 100% unengaged (off) the entire time. Then, on the ride back I drive over uneven pavement (no tracks no potholes nothing like that), very minor just not perfectly smooth road. Again, another 'beep'. At this point I have no idea whats going on. This time no indication, no brake light warning. Just the 'beep'. This happened one more time before I got back. In all this was about 10 miles of driving and I heard this 3 separate times.

Am I going crazy? Anyone else have this happen?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Sure it was your brake light and not the door ajar light? Uneven pavement will cause an improperly shut hood, clamshell, and/or doors to trip the light and result in a beep.

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
Ed, the 1st light I was 100 (but now 95%) sure was indeed a brake light. But after that 1st noise, no light came on just a second beep. I didnt think about the clamshell/hood possibility. I had just opened/closed the hood prior to driving. Hmmm. Sill in that case wouldn't a light come on or would it just 'beep'?

one thing is for sure, it only made the noise when the i hit minor road vibration so loose/incomplete closure of a door or latch makes sense...

In any case thanks for the quick reply and the great suggestion!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
An improperly closed hood or clamshell will cause both a beep and the light. I can almost guarantee one of them is the culprit.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
An improperly closed hood or clamshell will cause both a beep and the light. I can almost guarantee one of them is the culprit.

That's a excellent suggestion. :thumbsup

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

this. You probably hit the hood release button on the remote and didn't realize it.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
hood flexing due to not being latched correctly. Grab a corner and lift, if it moves slightly, re-close and you're good to go

Tomcat

GT Owner
Mine will do this once and awhile also without the light. I too am sure its hood or clamshell and the sensor might need adjusting (if you are sure the hood/clamshell is closed properly).

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Don't listen to any of the guys above....it's either the hood or clamshell not closed completely haha....happened to me second time I drove my first gt was the front bonnet. At least it's an easy fix

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
If it was a "beep, beep" You most likely ran over a roadrunner.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
like most have said it most likely the front hood/bonnet. Even though it looks closed it may not be fully closed and bumps will cause it to move about. You will get a beep but not always a warning light. Simply re open and close more firmly. This is from direct past experience.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If it was a "beep, beep" You most likely ran over a roadrunner.

Don't be ridiculous....that would be more like 'meep, meep'.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
502ac168d18cc331ea71f5159b8d4ea9.jpg

Tomcat

GT Owner
So, with the Coyote engine, does the Coyote Ford finally catch the Road Runner?

Ramair

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2015
Ha! best response yet! Poor roadrunner.... Thanks everyone it was the hood. I didnt 'slam it' hard enough...Dropped it abut 6 inches so its fully closed now. It looked /felt close originally but I am a rook so what can I say. Like berertb says at least that was easy! :)