Beauty and the Beast get a stablemate

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Beauty and the Beast get a new stablemate. I now span 90 years of Ford history, 1915 to 2005.

Attachments

• IMG_5956-R.jpg
    IMG_5956-R.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 230

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Very nice addition to the stable. :thumbsup

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Very cool. Can you share any of her history?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The old man.

If that car could talk.....I'm sure an endless series of cool stories would come to light. I've never even ridden in a car like that. :thumbsup

Chip

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Are you going with Heffners's twin turbo on that sled?:driving:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Very Cool!:thumbsup

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Love the pizza cutters and their current color combo. :thumbsup

AJK

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Beautiful addition! :cheers I'll head over in my 1919, meet me half way? and bring a tow? :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Fantastic....

Would love to see some pictures of the GT and the Model T (?) together - would make a great screen saver.

Motoring evolution.

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
The car is a 1915 Model T Touring Car. I have the original sales receipt. It was purchased from the family I purchased it from in the 1950s. It was driven occasionally. There is no “restoration,” just “maintenance.” I will take and post some pictures of the FGT and the Model T when driving season comes around again. (The FGT and the Shelby have been put away for the winter) Right now she is being refurbishing at my local Ford dealer. Mostly, we are replacing gaskets, she leaks like a sieve. I have to practice my footwork. I keep pushing the clutch pedal to the floor when I stop, thus killing the motor. (As many of you know, depressing the clutch pedal engages low gear!) However, once warm, she starts on a quarter crank. Chip, you need to get a ride in one. A 25 mph jaunt is more hair-raising than 150 in the FGT!

H

HHGT

Very cool... Did you check under the seats for loose change?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very cool, how fast is it?:biggrin

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
The "old" ones are a riot. I had a friend in High School whose father had a 1911 I think. Sometimes it ran really rough and my friend would get on the running board while we were putting down the road and open the hood and tinker with something, it would run smoother, and he would close the hood and get back in the car....without stopping. Never told me what he was doing, but we sure got some stares from folks....

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The car is a 1915 Model T Touring Car. I have the original sales receipt. It was purchased from the family I purchased it from in the 1950s. It was driven occasionally. There is no “restoration,” just “maintenance.” I will take and post some pictures of the FGT and the Model T when driving season comes around again. (The FGT and the Shelby have been put away for the winter) Right now she is being refurbishing at my local Ford dealer. Mostly, we are replacing gaskets, she leaks like a sieve. I have to practice my footwork. I keep pushing the clutch pedal to the floor when I stop, thus killing the motor. (As many of you know, depressing the clutch pedal engages low gear!) However, once warm, she starts on a quarter crank. Chip, you need to get a ride in one. A 25 mph jaunt is more hair-raising than 150 in the FGT!

Fascinating stuff.... I'd love to see that old receipt, could you scan and post?

Really look forward to more photos when the sun comes out, I think it's a terrific addition to your stable and having a GT and T is fantastic! :cheers

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Sales Receipt

This is not a great scan. I will try to improve when I have some more time.

Attachments

• IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 84

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I love it! :biggrin

$490 is about $10,000 in todays terms? Seems remarkably inexpensive - unless my sums are way out....

I really like the fact you have the original receipt, it just adds so much.

Thanks for posting - much appreciated.

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Don't forget the $30.00 shipping charge. His total price was $520.00. This is still quite a bargain. Using the consumer price index, today's dollar was worth about $.05 in 1915. Thus, his $520.00 purchase price would be $10,400.00 in today's dollars. I hope to drive her home soon. All the parts are ordered. It is getting pretty chilly here in Iowa for a drive in a "touring" car. I suppose London is getting into the bleak winter months? I will post pictures in the spring.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yes, London and indeed the UK is being battered by high winds and heavy rain at the moment.

In Cumbria (the middle of the UK) there is heavy flooding and many homes and businesses under water. Quite miserable really...

I've just had my GT serviced and Revolve in the UK hung onto the car until a dry day came and we dashed it home before it got covered in mud!!

I've FINALLY had my half shaft bolts replaced too which is a weight of my mind!

Anyhoo, back to your Ford - I think that's a simply magical thing to have in your garage, the paperwork is the icing on the cake! I'm really looking forward to seeing some nice shots of the GT&T together in the summer. screen saver material for me! :cheers

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Dear Neilda - Sorry to hear about the floods. We have had our share here the last few years. My condolences! Hope you are high and dry. Glad you got you half shaft bolts replaced. That is pretty important. I will post pictures in the spring. Have a good winter. Stay warm and dry.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Beautiful car!! Can't wait to see the pix next spring. :cheers Is 25 mph max speed for those cars? and... Have you driven it up a hill yet? :biggrin