Beat a Z06 with 560rwhp.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Raced from a roll. You could tell he thought he would walk me. I just pulled away at will:cheers He freaked out. It was fast, but at 743rwhp I should beat him. Man our FGTs are fast. I can just guess how fast a 900rwhp twin turbo would be!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Nice kill!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Next time, take a picture. I love that look on their face. :ack

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And of course, for the benefit of any LEO's who may read the above, this was done on a closed course on private property. :usa :agree:

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
"I just pulled away at will."

Congratulations.

And unlike a ZO6 your car is unique and of course much better looking!

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
:bang

great.

like I need another reason to upgrade to the new 4.0L whipple SC.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
All I have is the accufab x pipe and intake stiffener. I dyno at 562. I can also reel in a stock C6 Z06. I thought it was a midly modified C6 until I passed him. DOH!!!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Thanks guys! I really love this Ford GT! We really do have the best of both worlds. Exotic looks and kick ass hp! Gotta love it!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Ahhhh, but then do you the same luguage room like he does :biggrin, and can you park in any parking spot :biggrin

Phil

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Raced from a roll. You could tell he thought he would walk me. I just pulled away at will:cheers He freaked out. It was fast, but at 743rwhp I should beat him. Man our FGTs are fast. I can just guess how fast a 900rwhp twin turbo would be!

JOB WELL DONE!!!:cheers:thumbsup:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ahhhh, but then do you the same luguage room like he does :biggrin, and can you park in any parking spot :biggrin

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, but you must be assuming those are somehow relevant considerations! And they, of course, are NOT, Grasshopper! :lol

:eek "Parking spot?! :eek
We don't WANT/NEED/USE no stinkin' parking spot... other than the one in da garage! :willy

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA

In that case Junior, you can stick with the other junior supercars like the Z06.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado

900 RWHP is not too far out of the question for the 4.0 Whipple. We have the best tallent around the country working on it right now! As time unfolds we will keep you posted. Injectors, fuel pressure, throtal,body and air box and some other things that are being worked on right now.
Last week at High Plains Race Way I participated in an open track event. There was a brand new Callaway Vett that I just SMOKED on the strate away's. He said it was pushing 750 RWHP but I did not see it.:biggrin

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
900 RWHP is not too far out of the question for the 4.0 Whipple. We have the best tallent around the country working on it right now! As time unfolds we will keep you posted. Injectors, fuel pressure, throtal,body and air box and some other things that are being worked on right now.
Last week at High Plains Race Way I participated in an open track event. There was a brand new Callaway Vett that I just SMOKED on the strate away's. He said it was pushing 750 RWHP but I did not see it.:biggrin

Whatsa behind you is not important.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Man if someone can sqeeze 900rwhp out of a 4L out goes my 3.4L in goes a 4L with injectors or whatever else is needed!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Man if someone can sqeeze 900rwhp out of a 4L out goes my 3.4L in goes a 4L with injectors or whatever else is needed!!!

IMHO you would need some very high octane gas to safely reach 900 with any blower and to sustained 900 HP the inter-cooler system would need upgrading. It is one thing to get 900 HP on a single dyno pull and a completely different thing to maintain that HP level for something like the TX mile. Compressing that much air creates a LOT of HEAT, causing IAT2 to climb very quickly.

It is much easier and safer to reach these levals with a TT system.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
IMHO you would need some very high octane gas to safely reach 900 with any blower and to sustained 900 HP the inter-cooler system would need upgrading. It is one thing to get 900 HP on a single dyno pull and a completely different thing to maintain that HP level for something like the TX mile. Compressing that much air creates a LOT of HEAT, causing IAT2 to climb very quickly.

It is much easier and safer to reach these levals with a TT system.

...'kill joy. :slap

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...'kill joy. :slap

Nay, just putting a plug in for the TT systems so that Jason and John can keep busy. :biggrin

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Whatsa behind you is not important.

Remember, there is alway's someone out there faster than you. If you are a speed and horse power junkie like me you are alway's looking for the next fix. The fuel that runs in my vains keeps me alive and looking for a new day. Speed is just a question money, how fast do you want to go??????:thumbsup

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado

This will take some time, but we feel this is posible!