Battery Dead cause any harm?

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Dealer asked when im going to take car out of show room home.They said
there getting a new one,I know that its been dead for two weeks and im not taken it home for three weeks.what should i look out for.
Thanks, Crayne.

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
I think there are other threads from teh past that address this. The car comes with a trickle charger, which you should use. I recall it is bad to let it go completely dead and it must be charge correclty. One of the other owners on the forum had some trouble with one.

I'm surprised the dealer is interesteed in keeping your car on the floor at all. I know mine wanted it picked up as soon as possible. (2/23/06 was a great day!)

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Don't mind me, but why would you want to LEAVE your car at the dealer unless it was broke?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You don't understand

You guys just don't understand bad, snowy weather and salt on the roads, potholes, and the poor little dealers that don't get to sell these cars.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You guys get to drive your cars all year. Us up here int he Boston area, we can't, so for Crayne, if he leaves it at the dealer (same dealer mine came from) for a few more weeks, he will be able to drive it home instead of paying someone to haul it to him.

Andy

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Cape cod dune sand is the worst.

Its just 115 miles but if i got behind a truck on the lower cape with the amount of sand on the roads there would be no paint or glass left.I thought i saw a thred on it was not good for the conputers or they would have to reprogram them selfs when they put a new battery.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The battery must be fully charged, remove the cables and use a real battery charger not a trickle , once the battery is FULLY CHARGED place cables back on. Proceed with BATTERY DISCHARGE PROCEDURES ,listed in your manual or as the dealer should do,PLUG IN THE OBII READER AND CLEAR ALL CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Failure to clear all default codes, which will pop up automatically cause it read your dead draining battery will lead to ENGINE LITE,CHECK ENGINE LITE,ONE BRAKE LIGHT, ECT. IT IS A SHED DOWN SYSTEM. Please just clear all codes before you start the car or you will have to CLEAR CODES, DRIVE TO CLEAR CODES and get aggrevated at the same time.Many of us have gone down this road. ENJOY , GOOD LUCK GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

TGD GT

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
Hi Guy,

Here's a novel idea. Get the dealer to start the car! For a hundred and seventy grand one should expect it to run without a bunch of lights blinking on the dash. Then get in the car and drive it home. You must be kidding about the sand and salt.

My son and I picked mine up in Richardson, Texas and drove to Sacramento in late February (about 1800 miles) We encountered freezing rain from Wichita Falls to Amarillo, snow in Flagstaff and more snow over the Grapevine. No problem, lots of fun, car seems intact. Believe it or not, these cars do not melt!

Regards, TGD GT

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
GREAT POINT TGD, AT THIS PRICE, THE HIGHEST EVER FOR AN AMERICAN FORD EVER, I TOLD MY DEALER PLEASE,PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING.They did , there is no reason why the car you are buying cannot be prepped you know like all the other car makers do, like ferrari, jag , subaru and hyundia. enjoy gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup