Barry McGuire GT story-B.Jacksons on Sat

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
My buddy and I were walking around the Barrett Jackson auction on Sat. Just before they pull the cars into the tent there was a McGuires long display of all their wax products. I stated Hey there's car crazy Barry, I said hey Barry I have a question for you. He then walked around the display and came out front. I said Barry what was or is your favorite fastest car?
He said well...Its got to be my GT40, I said Oh you one of the old ones,he states no a new one. I said let me guess what color you own, I said you probably have a red or maybe the Heritage model. He says no..there is only one color and its a black no stripe car!
I thought it was cool to see a guy with huge money pick his favorite car as a Ford GT....Black of course. Billy

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
were his teeth as white in person as they are on screen?

a true car guy.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
were his teeth as white in person as they are on screen?

a true car guy.

Yes they are! And he is very cool in person, no big ego at all.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
excellent gentleman, and not a problem in the world, sold his company for big bucks last year.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Clearly a man of refined taste, as a black no striper is his car of choice !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
He contributed a nice "goody sack" to us all at Rally I in Detroit.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
He shows up to the Irvine Cs&C with his GT every so often. :thumbsup

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I had the pleasure of giving Barry his first ride, and first chance to drive a GT.

Very nice guy. While we were filming the "Car Crazy" segment on the GT, I was nervous about being on camera. He said just to be myself and forget about the camera. Very easy guy to talk to. :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Three years ago while showing my AC Mark IV Cobra at Keels & Wheels in Seabrook, Texas Barry McGuire walked up to my car and stuck his hand out, introduced himself and started asking me about my 86 cobra as he hadn't seen a Mark IV since the 80's. What a gentleman, very personable and very, very knowledgeable about cars. We stood there for about fifteen minutes talking and no one knew who he was but me. He told me he had just flown in to see the show as he had never been to a combo show for cars and boats. What a true car guy just like members of this Forum. Tomy Hamon

H

HHGT

The first picture is of my little guy Nick with Barry. The second is with the left overs he was gonna give his Daddy - until Mamma found out...:biggrin

Attachments

• DSCN4441.jpg
    DSCN4441.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,483
  • DSCN4444.jpg
    DSCN4444.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,645

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
The first picture is of my little guy Nick with Barry. The second is with the left overs he was gonna give his Daddy - until Mamma found out...:biggrin

If Daddy can't have the leftover, give her to Uncle Bruce.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Clearly, Barry is man of excellent taste, not only with his car color choice (Black/no stripe), but "leftovers" as well!
If this guy isn't on the Forum, he should be!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
:thumbsup

Need to thank him for the goody bag at Rally 1

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
:thumbsup

Need to thank him for the goody bag at Rally 1

The point person for those goody bags was JERRY DeYOUNG who paid for the transportation from KAL-FOOL-NIA to Detroit. We know him as AWSUM GT, but I am thinking about changing his name to EXTREME GT:biggrin:lol:banana:lol:biggrin

H

HHGT

If Daddy can't have the leftover, give her to Uncle Bruce.

Bruce, I think you are just partial to....... Victoria Secret lingerie...:biggrin

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Bruce, I think you are just partial to....... Victoria Secret lingerie...:biggrin

Did you bring your Heritage out that day Sam? You should have told me so I could bring mine. I don't think I ever saw two Heritages parked side by side there ever.
BTW, always like big round headlights in front of the Heritage and tell Nick to keep his hand to himself.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am sure he is a great guy, seems a little goofy on his Car Show, though. He is smiling the entire program. I smiled last week one time.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Watch it. Since I retired I have a permanent grin on my face! Life is good. Tomy Hamon PS Maybe Barry retired too.