Barrett Jackson GT dinner in Scottsdale.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
have arrived at westworld but where is the warm sunny weather,i want to take the gt for a run!
alex

You brought the cold crap with you :biggrin

Going to take a couple of days for me to warm everything back up.

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

good try but i left from naples fl,still enjoy this area no matter the weather

alex

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Chip - Francesca, myself and Jamal will be at the dinner...

Thanks for the offer of lodging Chip and Larry. I'll see what our plan ends up being to give you time to reconsider. You have seen me right? :lol

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip - Francesca, myself and Jamal will be at the dinner...

Thanks for the offer of lodging Chip and Larry. I'll see what our plan ends up being to give you time to reconsider. You have seen me right? :lol

I can assure you that my home is more comfortable than my airplane. You're more than welcome here.:cheers

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Latest list.

3 days till our gathering. It's official, the GT Forum's High Dalai Lama is going to join us. Welcome Dave!! Hey JOEY!! You're gonna miss out if you don't get it in gear and get out here.:banana :banana :banana

Here's the current list.:cheers :cheers :cheers

1. Bony-1
2. ChipBeck-5
3. BlueMoose-3
4. DBTGT-2
5. John Gourley-3
6. ThamonGT-2
7. FloridaChris-1
8. AZGT-2
9. Tungsten-2
10. GT Tech-1
11. Yogi-3
12. GordonWolf-2
13. TrboKlr-2
14. Kirby Vieira-1
15. Ithlvpr-1
16. Fast Eddie-3
17. Harley Cluxton, III
18. Harley Cluxton, IV
19. GT Pilot-2
20. Shauna GT-2
21. 50BMG-2
22. Piccola
23. Tom Cantrell
24. Jamal Hameedi
25. DBK-2

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
COME ON OUT JOEY !!

I'm driving 2000 miles through the baddest storm of the season to be there. Warm up the 747 and get out there. :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Best deals tonight at Barrett Jackson!!

If you missed it, the best deals of the week were had tonight at BJ. Charley and I attended the Sunday party and enjoyed free booze, food, and entertainment. Two hours of fun, food and drink and we spent........nothing. :cheers I think it gets more expensive as the week goes on. :biggrin Ford has several of the new Shelby Mustang GT's on display with 2 GT500's and an FR500. Only one Ford GT (white/blue) on display and it's a very used example. Sale area has a gaggle of Shelby Mustangs (all years), the Super Snake and a beautiful White/Blue 1965 Cobra 427 CSX3001. Looking forward to seeing many GT Forum members here over the next few days.

Chip

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Barrett-Jackson Dinner or BUST

Captains Log: Star Date 01/14/2007 8:45 AM

Step out of the door of base station 1 to start my epic adventure. Spend 4 days driving from Michigan to Phoenix, just to have dinner with friends.

Step off porch, promptly fall on my tukus. 29 degrees, freezing rain. Good thing I loaded luggage into "Taurus Red" the night before, when it was a balmy 39 and raining. JOY and YUMMIES. I hate cold. Maybe I should fly.

Stop at the local gas and go. Mid Grade for the same price as Regular. $1.95. Consider going back to base station and getting 5 gallon fuel jugs. "Taurus Red" will get the good stuff. Stop at local food establishment, fill my tank.

9:45 AM Hit the road in earnest. Drivings not bad. Got up to 50 mph on the E-Way. Cute little in-dash thermometer says 29 degrees. I really hate cold.

1:00 PM Leaving Michigan. Freezing rain has stopped. Almost miss exit for I-55. Thank you GPS. Many cars in ditchs. 4x4 didn't help there did it fella?
Tempature is up to 32. Roads are drying up. This could be good.

3:30 PM ish. Rain coming down hard in Springfield, Ill. Weather man says Severe ice warning for exactly where I am and where I will be for the next 6 or so hours. Temp is 37 degrees. "Taurus Red" is purring. But only 21 mpg? Whats with that? Almost miss exit around St. Louis. Thank you GPS.

6:00 PM Need gas for "Taurus Red" again. Missouri is a mess. Power outages all over the place. Ice covers everything. Many cars in ditchs. Mini-Vans spin out too lady. Follow a salt truck for miles. Temp is 32 degrees. I hate cold and ice. Is there an airport around here?

12:00 AM. In the Ozark mountains. Why is that guy with no front teeth, playing a banjo, looking at me??? Freezing rain. Going to stop for the night. Joplin seems a likely spot. What is this? 4"s of SNOW? COATED with ICE? I really really hate ice covered snow. Temp is 27 degrees. Stop at a buget hotel. Get out of "Taurus Red", fall on my Tukus. Try 5 hotels. What ever happened with turning on the "NO" vacancy sign. ALMOST fall on Tukus. Found an airport. Thank you GPS. ALL airports shut down due to ICE.

1:30 AM. 100 miles east of Tulsa, OK. Stuck behind 2 snow plows going 15 mph. Temp is 22 degrees. Blood pressure is 220. Find hotel with 1 room left. 56 bucks. Try explaining that I just want a room, not the whole place. Room turns out ok. I still should have flown.

First day summery.

Good Thing; Made over 800 miles today. 300 more than planned.
Bad Thing; Made over 800 miles SOUTHWEST of Michigan today. Lost 7 degrees, gained 4 " of ICE COVERED SNOW.

I Really hate the winter time !!!!!

to be continued

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I see the high temperature is 56 in Scottsdale, low 36, Sunny. Typical B-J weather, well at least it is not raining. Guess I won't be packing my salt tablets. No worry about heat stroke this year.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.

Step out of the door of base station 1 to start my epic adventure. Spend 4 days driving from Michigan to Phoenix, just to have dinner with friends.

Step off porch, promptly fall on my tukus. 29 degrees, freezing rain. Good thing I loaded luggage into "Taurus Red" the night before, when it was a balmy 39 and raining. JOY and YUMMIES. I hate cold. Maybe I should fly.

It will be worth it. But guess what? We have been in the 20's at night for a couple of days. It will feel just like HOME.

But, at least you won't fall on your tukus - no ice, snow, or rain. See - there is a good point to coming out :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Now that I said that, knock on wood. You never know. This is Arizona about 10 minutes north of B-J. Snow was about this time last year. Sunsets can occur any time. So come with gloves and salt pills - you never know.

So I called the kids in after dark from playing in the snow. They were mad the next morning because I didn't let them stay out longer. I said next time it snows they can. My 10 year old says, "Ya, right - 20 years from now". Kids are sure smart these days :rofl

Attachments

• snow9.jpg
    snow9.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 161
  • susset3.jpg
    susset3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 160

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
You guys suck!

Here I am working away and I have to read about all this fun.

Stephan fishin
Dbk's road trip.
dinner at Bj. With a whole gang of funnyness
Florida Chris offering up jet ride's to vegas.

Oh my god what am I growing up to be.

Live it up my time will come too!!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GT Tech, I wish you would have given me notice. Would have helped through all of Ill and around St. Louis. Let me know next time. Frank

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.

1:00 PM Leaving Michigan. Freezing rain has stopped. Almost miss exit for I-55. Thank you GPS. Many cars in ditchs. 4x4 didn't help there did it fella?
Tempature is up to 32. Roads are drying up. This could be good.

Rich, Relax--When you arrive in Az. you can ride shotgun in the GT to dinner. I take great pride in being a highly trained driver capable of driving in sunny, mid 60 degree weather ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!:biggrin John.

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Barrett-Jackson Dinner or Bust Day 2

Captain's Log Star Date 01/15/2007 10 AM Miami, OK.

Treat myself to an extra hour sleep for doing such a good job not putting "Taurus Red" in a ditch. Look out the window of 56 dollar room. Snow flurries, 18 degrees. Put on my studded sneakers. Tukus is still sore. Double JOY and YUMMIES.

11:30 AM Tulsa, OK. Snow has stopped. Road not really terrible, but has slippery spots. Think city of Tulsa, (and Oklahoma City) feel the same way as I do about snow. It came down by itself, it will leave by itself. A few cars in the weeds. WHATS THIS ??? A SEMI belly up in the median. Hope "Mario" is ok. Temp is 21 degrees.

1:30 PM East of Oklahoma City, OK. Roads are better. Lots of spray from trucks. Wiper blades are froze. BIG smear right in line of site. "Taurus Red" needs a drink again. Captain needs more Red Bull. 23.4 mpg. 1 Bull per 150 miles. Small town gas station. WHAT is wrong with these people? Feel my I.Q. dropping by the second. Temp is 27 degrees. Kind of glad I didn't fly. Tukus feels better. Amazed how much Oklahoma looks just like Michigan. Only with more snow here. Oklahoma is kinda just OK.

4:00 PM ish 100 miles East of Amarillo, TX. Roads are dry. BLUE SKIES, SUN SHINE. Time for the shades. Wiper blades froze again. "T R" is eating up the miles. 24 mpg. Texas is FLAT! Road is straight and dry, running 70 mph, put "T R" on auto pilot and take a power nap. Semis are running 80 or so. Temp back down to 18 degrees. And just when things were getting better. Listened to my last CD. Got to start rotation over again. Nice part about traveling solo is, you can sing right along with ZZ Top, and nobody cares.

6:30 ish New Mexico border. Temp is 11 degrees. "T R" has 150 miles till empty. Heater working great. I LOVE Auto-Temp control. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the cold. Real glad I didn't fly. Will put up for the night in Tucumcari, NM. I love that name. Tucumcari. Got a nice ring to it. If I ever had another kid, I'd name it Tucumcari.

8:30 PM Tucumcari, NM. Econ-o-Lodge has a king room with wireless internet for 39 bucks, plus tax of course. What a deal. Sign me up. Temp is 9 degrees. Weather man says may get down to 0 . I hope he was talking Celceus.
THE NEXT TIME I hear the words "GLOBAL WARMING", SOMEBODY is going down for the count.

Day 2 summery

Good ; NO freezing rain, blue skies, SUN !!!!:thumbsup

Bad ; 1400 and some odd miles SOUTHWEST of Base Station 1 and 29 stinking degrees colder. Did I mention I HATE THE COLD ????

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Captain's Log Star Date 01/15/2007 10 AM Miami, OK.

Treat myself to an extra hour sleep for doing such a good job not putting "Taurus Red" in a ditch. Look out the window of 56 dollar room. Snow flurries, 18 degrees. Put on my studded sneakers. Tukus is still sore. Double JOY and YUMMIES.

11:30 AM Tulsa, OK. Snow has stopped. Road not really terrible, but has slippery spots. Think city of Tulsa, (and Oklahoma City) feel the same way as I do about snow. It came down by itself, it will leave by itself. A few cars in the weeds. WHATS THIS ??? A SEMI belly up in the median. Hope "Mario" is ok. Temp is 21 degrees.

1:30 PM East of Oklahoma City, OK. Roads are better. Lots of spray from trucks. Wiper blades are froze. BIG smear right in line of site. "Taurus Red" needs a drink again. Captain needs more Red Bull. 23.4 mpg. 1 Bull per 150 miles. Small town gas station. WHAT is wrong with these people? Feel my I.Q. dropping by the second. Temp is 27 degrees. Kind of glad I didn't fly. Tukus feels better. Amazed how much Oklahoma looks just like Michigan. Only with more snow here. Oklahoma is kinda just OK.

4:00 PM ish 100 miles East of Amarillo, TX. Roads are dry. BLUE SKIES, SUN SHINE. Time for the shades. Wiper blades froze again. "T R" is eating up the miles. 24 mpg. Texas is FLAT! Road is straight and dry, running 70 mph, put "T R" on auto pilot and take a power nap. Semis are running 80 or so. Temp back down to 18 degrees. And just when things were getting better. Listened to my last CD. Got to start rotation over again. Nice part about traveling solo is, you can sing right along with ZZ Top, and nobody cares.

6:30 ish New Mexico border. Temp is 11 degrees. "T R" has 150 miles till empty. Heater working great. I LOVE Auto-Temp control. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the cold. Real glad I didn't fly. Will put up for the night in Tucumcari, NM. I love that name. Tucumcari. Got a nice ring to it. If I ever had another kid, I'd name it Tucumcari.

8:30 PM Tucumcari, NM. Econ-o-Lodge has a king room with wireless internet for 39 bucks, plus tax of course. What a deal. Sign me up. Temp is 9 degrees. Weather man says may get down to 0 . I hope he was talking Celceus.
THE NEXT TIME I hear the words "GLOBAL WARMING", SOMEBODY is going down for the count.

Day 2 summery

Good ; NO freezing rain, blue skies, SUN !!!!:thumbsup

Bad ; 1400 and some odd miles SOUTHWEST of Base Station 1 and 29 stinking degrees colder. Did I mention I HATE THE COLD ????

be safe, your on your way to car heaven, gotta buy you a Makers at Don & Charlies.:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thursday night.

Ahhhh, 24 hours to go before we liven up Don & Charlie's with a dozen GT's and Bony's singing and dancing!!:banana The following night Boni and I are going to hook up with our SAAC GT registrar CobraJeff for dinner at El Chorro Lodge in Paradise Valley. Barry Goldwaters favorite, El Chorro is a most historic Valley watering hole and has hosted just about everybody who's anybody for the last 50 years. If any of our members are interested in joining us and are in good enough shape after Wednesday's evening blowout just let me know and I'll make arrangements. See you tomorrow.

Chip

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dang you guys... wish I was there!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Let's see work/ going to Paris or.... BJ and the team in Arizonia.

Damn, I hate going to Europe! Awsum, I also wish I was going to Arizonia:cheers

Maybe we'll see Bony on TV! I'll be watching Sat night when they bcst live on the Speed channel.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now that I said that, knock on wood. You never know. This is Arizona about 10 minutes north of B-J. Snow was about this time last year. Sunsets can occur any time. So come with gloves and salt pills - you never know.

So I called the kids in after dark from playing in the snow. They were mad the next morning because I didn't let them stay out longer. I said next time it snows they can. My 10 year old says, "Ya, right - 20 years from now". Kids are sure smart these days :rofl

My daughter sent me pics of this event the next day!
'Laughed my butt off!
SNOW in ARIDzona!
(I understand the ONLY "snow" cancelation of a PGA event EVER occurred there in Scottsdale! 'Too funny!)