Barrett-Jackson Florida Auction

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How about the 2005 Ford Race Car which Ford Motor Co. sells to racing teams for $150,000 selling today for $54.000 with no reserve. I don't think bidders knew what it was. This was a fully prepared -ready to race car-sold on a bill of sale and couldn't be registered. Man what a steal. Its a good thing I wasn't there, my wifes car would be parked outside. I also think there were many good buys at the Florida auction unlike Scottsdale.:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What a buy. I would have liked to have that car. Would eagerly have bid more if I had been there. :frown

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What car was this? FR500C?

Jim Thommen

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Bethel,Ct
I saw the car at the Ford Racing Booth. The car was used and abused

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BJ Florida auction

:confused Dave Yes it was the FR500C. When it went over the block it looked to be in excellent shape on TV. For a 5.4 full race 2005 Mustang it was very very cheap.:confused

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Did you see the mustang at the auction today?

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
anyway to see a pic of this beauty??

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Did you see the mustang at the auction today?

Was it the KR and how much did it go for?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Was it the KR and how much did it go for?

Was watching on and off - Shelby and Ford did unvail the Shelby GT convertible and auctioned the "rigths to purchase" w/ Guitar:thumbsup that went for $250k. 1st of 500 was the number.... All proceeds to the Shelby Foundation

Next came the FR500C... after that I had things to do and missed if the 500KR was launched

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The 500KR was not at the auction but was introduced in NY at the auto show on Friday. The Hertz Shelby will be put into rental service then when taken out will be sold at auction as the hardtop is being done now. I think I saw that only 500 conv. will be produced for Hertz. Proceeds were split between Shelby Childrens Heart Fund and the Childrens Diabetes Foundation which is high on Edsel Fords list.TGH

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
How about the 2005 Ford Race Car which Ford Motor Co. sells to racing teams for $150,000 selling today for $54.000 with no reserve. I don't think bidders knew what it was. This was a fully prepared -ready to race car-sold on a bill of sale and couldn't be registered. Man what a steal. Its a good thing I wasn't there, my wifes car would be parked outside. I also think there were many good buys at the Florida auction unlike Scottsdale.:thumbsup

I have bid 80K on e-bay on one of the FR500C from Blackforest Motorsports....but the bid was refused....they want 100K...I was told that aprox.30 cars were built...does anyone have accurate numbers?

And yes, 54K for that car was a steal no matter what condition..think of it as the 65 GT350R...selling now for over 1 mil........I believe these cars are numbered and have a VIN no........

Gino

Nastasi, driver for Blackforest Motorsports has a FGT for his personal car, lives here in the northeast....was at Ida's 2 weeks ago for some work.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Guys I saw it as well and this car has been beat on. I was on stage for many auctions and you might be surprised how the cars look up close versus seeing it on tv.

Last edited:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
PIC PIC PIC PIC:willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Gino, I had heard there were 28 of the cars. It's definitely a very low number.

Regardless of condition, that's an excellent price for a race car that'll have some history to it. If you plan on racing it, they do quite well also.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Gino, I had heard there were 28 of the cars. It's definitely a very low number.

Regardless of condition, that's an excellent price for a race car that'll have some history to it. If you plan on racing it, they do quite well also.

I do agree it was a good price. The energy at the auction seemed low this time and there were actually alot of empty seats....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, Florida is never as wild as Scottsdale, and unquestionably some damage has been done to the B-J brand, right or wrong...

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
These race cars are ordered direct fom a dealer with a part # no Vin the 05 was 92,000 and the 06 was 105,000 Dealer friend of mine said they sell used for around 50,000 all day long ....no biggy....

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
These cars are really trick pieces.
A body in white was shipped to Multi-Matic in Canada, then all the body seams were stitch welded for better rigidity. I could have gotten one from FRPP to use as a drag car, but would have taken a lot of work to make it meet my drag racing needs, and I really didn't have the time. (I had to build GT's) :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The market is readjusting, well overdue. Expect most cars to go down to the correct levels. The rare cars that are in prisitine condition will continue to bring their current prices. Interesting auction, I watched Saturday's run today.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Welcome back Bony. We missed your posts. "Bouncy" too. :cheers