Bare Metal Wrap - Heritage inspired theme...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Car was done a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had time for a decent photo shoot yet - but here is a quick picture I took with my pocket camera. Car looks matte Grey, but with more light it really comes to life as brushed metal - also the car was quite dirty from driving on a wet road (quite hairy with TT's :eek)..

6935423198_b3f47324bc_b.jpg

Professional pics coming soon...

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Another really cool car. Thanks for sharing. I see your extra lights in the rear bumper and the side lights on the front fender that was added for the Euro cars. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks, I think she looks very vintage in her new dress haha..
Yes, my car is one of the 101 Euro cars officially imported to Europe...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Where is your rear belly pans and diffusers? Car looks nice....

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had an oil leak from one of the feeds for the turbos - just want to leave the floor off for a few days to see if it stopped

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Car looks great. It's so cool seeing all these personally modified cars starting to turn up. Great job with yours, really beautiful.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Makes me wonder what my Tungsten would look like with orange vinyl stripes. Hmmmm......

Howard

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Car looks great

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Another nice wrap. The ideas are building. Anybody done leopard skin yet?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Another nice wrap. The ideas are building. Anybody done leopard skin yet?

How about a pink wrap. :lol

Pink-Audi-R8.jpg

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
was at the lake the other day and saw a biz at the marina doing wraps for boats :lol

wraps just look ghetto to me :frown

poor mans paint job....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That steel wrap looks awesome! I would never paint the GT's...it will cost big time in the end should you ever decide to sell it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Car looks awesome.

Makes me wonder what my Tungsten would look like with orange vinyl stripes. Hmmmm......

Can rarely go wrong with grey/silver & orange.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
wraps just look ghetto to me :frown

poor mans paint job....

I disagree with you on this one Freddy. I believe those who WRAP their cars aren't trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a paint job. I think they're just protecting their investment (in more than ONE way, BTW!) while still being able to mess around with / experiment with the looks of their car all they want any TIME they want. It's the ole "have your cake and eat it too" thing.

Like FBA said:

I would never paint the GT's...it will cost big time in the end should you ever decide to sell it.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
VERY COOL!!!!

I loved that look when I saw it on that Merkury 4 and I love it on yours. I am with EP.....a wrap is an easy way to play with the car without damaging the paint and easily reverting to stock when you are ready. If done right people will think it is paint. However if done wrong I do agree with Freddy that it looks like crap. You get what you pay for.

..............that pink R8 better be a wrap. :ack Money does not buy taste.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That Merkury 4 is sick looking...easily the nicest GT I've ever seen...and I bet it looks way better in real life!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I disagree with you on this one Freddy. I believe those who WRAP their cars aren't trying to fool anyone into thinking it's a paint job. I think they're just protecting their investment (in more than ONE way, BTW!) while still being able to mess around with / experiment with the looks of their car all they want any TIME they want. It's the ole "have your cake and eat it too" thing.

Like FBA said:

when i see wrapped cars i can't help but think "what are they hiding underneath there? keyed up paint, sandstorm damage, etc"

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
when i see wrapped cars i can't help but think "what are they hiding underneath there? keyed up paint, sandstorm damage, etc"

:agree: I wouldn't buy a wrapped car and assume that the paint is perfect and bad wrappers can leave cut marks on the once perfect paint!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Sure, that could be true too...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...wrappers can leave cut marks on the once perfect paint!

THAT I hadn't thought of!!! :eek

The heat guns/torches they use don't exactly instill confidence either come to think of it! :lol