Bad News if you own a GTR

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I personally have ZERO interest in the car. If I won one in a raffle, I would sell it without even being slightly curious about its driveability - but I feel the same way about most modern BMWs. QUOTE]

Weeeeeeelllllll...mebbe you 'should oughta' drive the new V-8 M3 B4U wipe all BMW's completely off your list! :biggrin :lol :cheers

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Pics of the pole dancer, please.

In an attempt to prolong the GTR visit, we started at her rear and I commenced a dissertation on the gal's technological features. However, by the time we made it to her bow, the fugly proclamation was uttered and the camera was firmly shut in my wife's purse.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
GTR Spec V

From "The Ultimate Car Page":

Today Nissan released the first pictures and details of the much anticipated SpecV version of the GT-R. The limited edition model will be available only from seven selected dealers in Japan. These are staffed by especially trained mechanics who have an intimate knowledge of the SpecV and are experienced circuit drivers.

Compared to the highly acclaimed 'base' GT-R the new SpecV features many subtle changes. On the outside the SpecV sports a new grille, brake-ducts and rear wing, all sculpted in carbon fibre. The lack of rear seats is the biggest change on the inside. In addition the front seats are now carbon fibre to further reduce weight. Of course it is the revised mechanical specification that interest us the most. Nissan has not revealed the exact figures yet but courtesy of a revised boost control unit and a new titanium exhaust power and torque should be up. To cope with the additional horses, the car comes standard with carbon ceramic brake discs.

All these extras do not come cheap as the GT-R SpecV will retail for a whopping 15,750,000 yen, which is over twice as much as the base GT-R. It is uncertain whether the SpecV will ever make it abroad.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
If they add 75 HP or more it will be a screamer (I'm not sayin' I like the style though).

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Doubt it will make it to our shores. Cost in Japan is $160k

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Doubt it will make it to our shores. Cost in Japan is $160k

Consider what you are getting for the extra 90g's...
larger nicer looking wheels (read, likely more weight)
Carbon discs
Carbon fibre bits here and there
tuned up boost.

I would have hoped for

a more robust transmission
more exotic valve train
less weight.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Consider what you are getting for the extra 90g's...
larger nicer looking wheels (read, likely more weight)
Carbon discs Less weight
Carbon fibre bits here and there Less weight
tuned up boost. More power

I would have hoped for A better looking car

a more robust transmission Fixed via software removal of feature
more exotic valve train Why
less weight. It is. Also your wallet will be lighter when you are in the car.

My responses in RED for Frank.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you Ice. Now you're seeing things my way.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
My responses in RED for Frank.

LOL :biggrin

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I have seen two GT-Rs driving around Chicago in the last two weeks, even in temps that are well below freezing. However, unlike many cult cars, where the pix don't do them justice, the pictures here don't lie. This is not a handsome car by any stretch of the imagination. Add to the lack of looks and now this tranny issue, I think the luster of the Japanese super car may be short lived. BTW, there are nearly 30 of them on EBAY, most @ MSRP.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
BTW, there are nearly 30 of them on EBAY, most @ MSRP.

Probably more to do with the economy than how fugly the car is.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
cracks me up every time I see it... a bunker buster

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That is so DEAD ON! Adolph couldn't have been depicted any better. Furthermore, when are the various rags that have christened the GT-R as the ultimate going to recognize this liability? Can you imagine the media fallout from those @$$holes @ Road & Track if the GT had self destructed like that?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

:rofl:rofl:rofl

That was awesome!! Any idea what that clip was originally from?

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
the president of Nissan USA's son is driving a silver GTR in town. It is already in the shop at one of the dealers ( I believe in Farmington) to have it's transmission replaced after just about 3000 miles.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
the president of Nissan USA's son is driving a silver GTR in town. It is already in the shop at one of the dealers ( I believe in Farmington) to have it's transmission replaced after just about 3000 miles.

How Ironic:rofl

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"the president of Nissan USA's son is driving a silver GTR in town. It is already in the shop at one of the dealers ( I believe in Farmington) to have it's transmission replaced after just about 3000 miles."

And how f#$%ing funny is that!

I am really disappointed that none of the mainstream car media rags have reported this at length (other than Autoweek). BTW, there is a comparo in the March Automobile mag on the GT-R and the Porsche GT2 on the Nbrgring. Porshce is 7 sec better on a wet track. Nuff said.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

I bet Nissan won't tell him is warranty is voided.