Bad Fuel Injectors

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A useful post. I went out and checked my fuel rails and hoses - all OK - but I'll keep an eye on them.

If you had time, would you post a pic showing the location of the clips you have put on? Thanks....

Would black nylon cable-ties be enough? They can be fixed on pretty tightly, they can be trimmed and wouldn't show up against the black hose.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fubar said:
It was quit an ordeal for a little leak around one of the hoses, that a .50 cent clamp would have fixed, but it’s done now. I am adding clamps to my new one for good measure.

So you think the injectors and fuel rail were ok all along and the real problem was the hose connection?

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
It's not just a regular pressure fit hose connection. The hose has metal internals and has more than just pressure connecting it to the rails. Once it starts to leak you can fix it without replacing the entire rail with the hose connector (the only way Ford supplies it). It is all 1 piece and requires them to remove the center console to access the front engine area, remove the belt from the supercharger, and remove the rails from the injectors. Then the entire assembly needs to be replaced which is messy because fuel sprays everywhere.