Back up (wireless) Camera - Sam's Club

MartinHerman

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2009
Hunt Valley, MD
Has anyone tried the $79.00 wireless back up camera in the FGT that Sam's Club has for sale?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I have tried a few different brands of those wireless things. They never work.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are a few old posts about these cheapos. Seems like no one was ever happy.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
They work, but the resolution is poor, but more than that, the one I got doesn't remember the brightness setting and doesn't have auto exposure. That means each time it is powered up and you must press buttons to get a picture you can see. I am going to install a Pioneer Z3 when I get my 2 DIN from KIP.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
They work, but the resolution is poor, but more than that, the one I got doesn't remember the brightness setting and doesn't have auto exposure. That means each time it is powered up and you must press buttons to get a picture you can see. I am going to install a Pioneer Z3 when I get my 2 DIN from KIP.

Use the Sam's camera and buy a Swann hand held monitor. It works very good because you can hold the monitor up to your face when you want to see. If it is in the morror or mounted on the plug you just can't see it and I can still see pretty good. You can also buy a Swann portable camera and use it for a spotter coming in the garage or on the lift. The monitor switches to 3 cameras all wireless. I powered the camera off the window defroster so I can turn it on and off with the dash switch.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I tried two different ones and the didn't work at all.

I just don't go backwards anymore, it's a lot easier that way.