back up camera

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
GTF 40, I would be interessted in the convex mirrors for my GT. I had looked into this some months ago but never followed up on it. PD

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
davisp said:
GTF 40, I would be interessted in the convex mirrors for my GT. I had looked into this some months ago but never followed up on it. PD

I want some too!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Does the mirror you have also feature an internal passenger compartment light?

Bony, unfortunately the Audiovox does not have any lights. I had to give them up. I'll see how that goes and how inconvenient it is. As far as the heat goes - no long trips yet - so have not had temps up too high. By the way - the $450 installation also included mounting the temp sensor and the compass.

G.

rgates

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2006
BACKUP MIRRORS ARE FOR OCTOGENARIANS WITH 45 FOOT MOTORHOMES.
DRIVING A GT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN DRIVING OR PARKING A BIG RIG, YOU HAVE TO USE THE MIRRORS; YA BUNCH OF MISTER MAGOO’S.
BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS, PAY ATTENTION…..
BACK INTO SPACES, YOU DON’T THINK YOU CAN BACK OUT OF.
MY 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS NO PROBLEM, MABE YOU GUYS NEED A PILLOW IN THE SEAT, SO YOU CAN SEE OUT THE MIRRORS.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
rgates said:
BACKUP MIRRORS ARE FOR OCTOGENARIANS WITH 45 FOOT MOTORHOMES.
DRIVING A GT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN DRIVING OR PARKING A BIG RIG, YOU HAVE TO USE THE MIRRORS; YA BUNCH OF MISTER MAGOO’S.
BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS, PAY ATTENTION…..
BACK INTO SPACES, YOU DON’T THINK YOU CAN BACK OUT OF.
MY 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS NO PROBLEM, MABE YOU GUYS NEED A PILLOW IN THE SEAT, SO YOU CAN SEE OUT THE MIRRORS.

Post #7 in caps no less :biggrin
Guess we should go back to Henry Ford's original idea, any color you want, as long as black is your color. Welcome to the forum :wink

Aug 25, 2006
Now whether I would install one on the GT is not so much the comment but rather that on my vehicle with this feature it is rather cool

Shadowman

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Seems to me rgates has never sat in or driven any supercar, or been on the internet long enough to know better than to type all caps.
A spectator should keep quiet until asked. :biggrin

We all know the front and rear spoilers are the big issue here, not whether you can see over the steering wheel. I don't have a problem seeing other cars, it's the damn concrete parking blocks that sneak up.

Last edited:

rgates

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2006
IT'S PAYED FOR.

SENSITIVE AREN’T WE? MUST BE SHORT OR OLD?
YOU REALIZE T WILL HAVE TO USE ALL CAPS FROM NOW ON.
HERE’S A PIC OF THE CAR FOR YOU DOUBTING THOMASES.

a-gtindrive.jpg

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Not sensitive Ron, just perplexed.

Most people who have driven the GT would admit that it's awkward to reverse - it's not a daily driver and this, combined with limited visibility, makes the driver less than confident where the diffuser and rear bumper is when reversing. I have a few cars and yet the GT is the only one I've ever clonked reversing - and I'm not some old guy either.

A back up camera is a less than ideal solution in some ways, however it is a solution.

Just out of interest, what is the build date and VIN of your Heritage?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Do we have to put up with this child?

Are you hear to cause trouble and insult people, or to make new friends and learn about your GT.

rgates

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2006
I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I think this is a great (THE BEST) and informative place to visit for Ford GT info……. (You bunch of old farts are cool too……)
My car was built 11-05, the VIN is 0182.
Here is another picture:
FordGTresize.jpg

Cheers,
Ron

PS: I have a Motor Home with a camera; it’s ok to see if anything is there, but for distance it is not very useful.

OUCH! It’s hard to be nice.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Well, not to push anyone's buttons, but I don't feel that I need anything more than the mirrors to park properly. Backing into a parking space is fairly easy using mirrors. Maybe because I used to back up trucks.

But I am now backing out after pulling into a space. I ease back and glance between the two side mirrors and the rear view mirror. First times were a little slow because I was not used to glancing into three mirrors as I was backing, but now it is getting fairly easy. :wink