Back to the track

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Well went back out to the track today in a little cooler weather in my GT, 78 degrees versus 100 degrees last time out. Well the weather didn't really seem to matter as much as I hoped, the first pass was a 11.13 at 129.22 almost identical (11.16 at 129mph) to what I ran in 100 degree weather. After the car sat for a couple of hours they called me for my second and last pass as the track was a having a Super Ford show and was jammed packed. I tried leaving a little harder on my second pass as I bogged on my first run as traction was unreal. I don't ever burn my tires in the water as they are street tires, I just drive around the water and do quick small burnout to clean my tires. However when I did this on my second run the staging lanes were so sticky it got my clutch hot and I had to back off the line coast back near the water reving my engine to try and cool the clutch basically killing any chance I had of a good leave. So I left fairly easy 1.85 short time and the car ran a 10.90 at 132 mph, better than last time out but not by a lot. I have come to the conclusion that when I ran the high mph my first time out before the MAF sensor shut the car down it must have been causing the car to run lean which in turn gave me the bigger 135 MPH trap speed. I think the Diablosport MAF Extender must of richened up the A/F ratio causing the car to give up some MPH. At least that is my ( semi-educated ) guess.

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Nice result Jamie, and thanks for the update!

H

HHGT

Jamie, was that you on the CorvetteFoum comparing the Z06 to the FGT? I know DBK was there. I was blown away by some of the retarded comments posted on that thread.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Yeah that was me! I think I cleared up any confusion they might have had.:biggrin