Back in the saddle again! Thanks to all!

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Especially to Shelby, who arranged transportation for my replacement car, finding a buyer for the salvage of my wrecked car, and for removing the lower body side stripes, adding the Ford Racing Pulley and Tune, Installing a Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trans Cooler, and for adding a set of cables so as to be able to use my IPOD on this MAC equipped beauty!

Rewind....Last December, I totaled my All Black No stripes GT....No one hurt, luckily.....Found an all black no stripes replacement car for less than the settlement proceeds from the Insurance Co. STANDJ in upstate New York helped me with the evaluation of the replacement car. After I decided to buy it, sight unseen, Shelby arranged transport to his shop while I was out of the country. He then added the afore mentioned Ford Racing Pulley, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trans Cooler, Ford Racing Exhaust, plugged in an adapter on the Mac for my IPOD, waxed the car, looked it over carefully, and removed the lower body sidestripes, (BONY must be smiling....WE know it makes the cars faster :)) which were a Bi**H to remove! Shelby then arranged for transport from his shop to Dallas (where I live). The car arrived and is better than new.....Feels a bit tighter (approximately 2k miles) than did my 3k car which I bought new and then totaled. ALL of the mods are wonderful....makes more power (as if I needed that....almost got killed in a bone stock car) and the exhaust note is wonderful....about the same at idle, but very nice as you get up into the RPM's......ALL GOOD!

Many thanks to the kind words from everyone on the forum.....A member here in Dallas, FUBAR, who also totaled a car, and who helped me with the Insurance Company, STANDJ from New York, who provided me with a very thorough PPI, Shelby (see above) the boys from Midland, who made some very nice offers for a hunting trip, etc, after I totaled my car, and support from everyone else I have failed to mention....

I am VERY sorry and remiss to all for the tardiness of this post....I have been in Africa for a large part of the Summer, and a little slow to catch up!

My thanks to all on this wonderful forum, for helping me, in the immortal words of Steven Tyler, for getting BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!!!!

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations and welcome back. Will we see you and your new car at the Rally?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats and I am glad the whole process worked out well for you. :cheers

H

HHGT

Welcome Back...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Glad your happy! If I recall correctly, we did a trans cooler, borla exhaust and maybe a short shifter.... No?
Enjoy. I am beginning to think black no stripe is the most common color as I have go through alot of them in the past year... :)

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I am beginning to think black no stripe is the most common color as I have go through alot of them in the past year... :)

Is there any way to get the stat for how many Black, No Stripes were produced in '05 and '06?

I'd also be curious about how many of those were ordered from FORD with the side stripe delete?

Based on this thread, there is at least one less than factory numbers. Glad everyone was ok!

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Brad, you scared the hell out of me when I read this thread!!! I thought you had another accident and bought car #3. Glad I could help and glad all is OK with car #2!!!!!

John:cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
A member here in Dallas, who also totaled his car, and who helped me with the Insurance Company,

Very glad I could help. :thumbsup I hope we see you at the rally.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
AZ, the info is somewhere here on the Forum; however, CobraJeff has it all also. You can send him a PM or contact him through SAAC.

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
mods performed on my car...

Glad your happy! If I recall correctly, we did a trans cooler, borla exhaust and maybe a short shifter.... No?
Enjoy. I am beginning to think black no stripe is the most common color as I have go through alot of them in the past year... :)

You are right as to the short throw shifter, and trans cooler....exhaust was from Ford Racing, not Borla though.....I edited my post so as to reflect your reminding me of the additional mods! Hope this finds you well!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Griff, the Ford Racing catback is made by Borla and you cannot buy it from them.

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Ford exhaust

Griff, the Ford Racing catback is made by Borla and you cannot buy it from them.

Thanks for the info! I am confused, however, as the Box said Ford Racing....is it just made by Borla for Ford?

Thanks Mucho,

Griffbl

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is correct

Box said Ford Racing....is it just made by Borla for Ford?