Audio Removal

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hi guys,

No, not that again you may be thinking, but well I am halfway through, have already removed the clips, thanks to the explanations here. But now I am stuck in pushing the two removal pullers in. I get them in so the long rectangular hole nearly is hidden by the radio but that's it, no matter how much I whiggle or push. What am I doing wrong ?

Matthias

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Are you saying they won't go in far enough or they go in but don't grab? Wish I could find mine to refresh my memory. As I recall, you face the part you hold on to OUTWARD, slide them in and you will feel the bent piece click into the side of the head unit. Nothing tricky as I recall.

It sounds like you are not pushing the tools in far enough. Push them all the way in.

Here's a pic of the unit. Maybe this will will help. http://bit.ly/123Bb5b

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
When I Look at it I think it should slide in deeper but there is a resistance and the tools start to bend.Its not the first time I am doing audio stuff, but of course I don't want to damage the radio because of my dumbness. Patience is everything :)

How much Space is between the bent part of the Tool and the rack when it's in ?

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Not much space as I recall. The tool goes almost all the way in. I don't think you can damage anything on the sides of the head unit. But, you should not have to use force.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You may not be on the outside of the radio...

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
That was one of my thoughts. Will double check that.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Brom, Ralphie is absolutely right. You somehow have the prongs of the removal tool out of the slot. Slowly withdraw them completely and re-seat them in the proper groove. they should slide in easily and you should hear a faint click as the tines release.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Bist du ein Brombeer Selbstpflücker? Oder, nur ein Brombeer? :lol

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Nee, ich bin ein Brombär, eine Kreuzung aus einem Brummbär und einer Brombeere !

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Ok, found my error, thanks for pointing that out. Left did get in easily but right ? It's like there is not enough space or that I am pushing against the console. Seems not to be my day ...

Have to admit that i never had Problems getting a radio out of a car ...

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Ok, Problem was this small Penükel (a German Word for something that doesn't have a Real Description, but is small and needs to be pushed, grabbed, whatever) needed to be pushed inward what didn't turnout with the handles. With a additional plastic part it was a no-brainer.

Thanks for everyone supporting with tips.

Matthias