Audi R8 TT and Mercedes SL Black Series coming this year

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The April issue of Automobile Mag (pg 15) has a pic of the Audi R8 V12 TT Diesel with an air intake scooped out of the glass roof. It's really cool. The article says the 1st production version will be a V8 TT Diesel.

Pg 20 has a spy photo of a camouflaged '09 Mercedes SL Black Series (limited edition of 400). It's 573 lbs lighter than the SL65, and will have a SC V8 with 670 HP and 738 Torque and an unrestricted top speed of 200 mph.

...so much for the end of Super Cars: cheers

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Super car

Kirby - our local MB dealer just sold a 2008 SL-R convertible. Triple black and a measly $513,000 OUCH! I wonder what the out the door depreciation will be on that baby! :frown

jackj45

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 2, 2008
Charlotte
R8/black series

I saw the R8 V12 diesel at the show in Detroit, very nice, but I think the V10 will come out first, and the current models will go down in value. Still can't buy an R8 for less than $20K over sticker, at least in Charlotte, and when they load them up it is $160K total. The black SL won't have a convertible hardtop but will be fixed roof if anyone cares. I think which engine M-B will use is still up in the air with M-B

I'll keep the '08 SL55 I have, (as its value plummets) but wouldn't trade either for my GT. I think we'll see more supercars from Acura and Lexus in the same price range soon, too...hopefully this won't all get derailed at $150/barrel

Jack

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
So, is there a quoted ETA for the R8 V12 diesel? Not sure it if would be just a tad too weird to consider, but that will be something.
Would you leave it idling at the truck stop when you use the loo?
Rich

The April issue of Automobile Mag (pg 15) has a pic of the Audi R8 V12 TT Diesel with an air intake scooped out of the glass roof. It's really cool. The article says the 1st production version will be a V8 TT Diesel.

Pg 20 has a spy photo of a camouflaged '09 Mercedes SL Black Series (limited edition of 400). It's 573 lbs lighter than the SL65, and will have a SC V8 with 670 HP and 738 Torque and an unrestricted top speed of 200 mph.

...so much for the end of Super Cars: cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Kirby - our local MB dealer just sold a 2008 SL-R convertible. Triple black and a measly $513,000 OUCH! I wonder what the out the door depreciation will be on that baby! :frown

That's an expensive ego. 1st year depreciation on the expensive SL's is typically greater than 30%.
Gordo, I was at Kiawah last week and going back Wed for a few days. Left 2 dogs at Creekside Kennel on your island :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I saw the R8 V12 diesel at the show in Detroit, very nice, but I think the V10 will come out first ... The black SL won't have a convertible hardtop but will be fixed roof if anyone cares.

Jack

I had the pleasure to see and sit in Tungsten's R8 at an Atlanta show today. That's a very cool car. Don also said the V10 is next, followed by a convertible and TT diesels.

I hope MB re-thinks the Black SL as a retractable top. Maybe they'll save that for 2010. :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
So, is there a quoted ETA for the R8 V12 diesel? Not sure it if would be just a tad too weird to consider, but that will be something.
Would you leave it idling at the truck stop when you use the loo?
Rich

The V12 is a detuned version of the motor in the '06-'07 LeMans winners. Apparently tomorrow's super cars will be diesel powered. :cheers