Attention: Northern Route Rally Travellers

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Unfortunately, many of the guys who are coming from the Northeast and Midwest cannot hook up with Chip Beck's group in Scottsdale. I have been talking with "Cobra" about convoying our trucks from Ohio via I-70 through Denver, on to Salt Lake City, to Las Vegas, and on to the rally. I was wondering who else may be travelling that route. I would like to set up a Nevada Raid, where we could meet in Las Vegas for a diversionary drive in some spectacular roads prior to continuing on to Newport Beach. We can probably park at Shelby's H.Q.'s at the speedway, off-load our cars from the trailers and spend a day hoofing it around the mountains and desert. I would expect that I can make it to L.V. by Monday. Any ideas? I can coordinate with some others' help (Cobra- aka Tony, are you in?)

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Northern Route Nevada Raid is OFF

Cobra called me this morning to inform me that we can drive south to meet the group in Scottsdale without adding too many miles to our total trip. I ran it through Mapquest, and found that it added a whopping 18 miles. So Scottsdale, HERE WE COME!!!! We plan to go through Vegas on the way home instead, so some of you may wish to join us on the drive home to visit Shelby, the strip, and other sights of interest in Vegas.

fly-by

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
trip back home from rally through Las Vegas

Tim, i would be interested in joining the group. Where is everybody staying in Las Vegas? Are there any events planned at this time or is it going to be decided later? thanks Jim H.