ATC Trailers

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Bill- welcome.

There are quite a few Heritage owners down here. As a matter of fact I met a gent. from Murrays speed shop on Sunday at our local 1/8 mile track that has one. Nice guy.

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Where is the 1/8 mile track

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Roughly where Okeechobee meets Krome ave. I has been opened for just a few months. Very small and cozy. I like it because it give the young ones a safe place to race. We needed that down here.
I just recently went to see a friend race in a diesel shootout. What is being done with these trucks is amazing. 1000+ horses.
Did I mention he won--
8380 pounds -- consistent low 11s without the funny gas.

Edit- the 11s are at Morosso 1/4 mile times.

Last edited:

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Diesels can be fast, We ran a diesel boat in offshore from 2002 thur 2004 and won a lot of races. These were just small Yanmar motors.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Slightly off topic but, does anybody have any experience using a V10 Touareg for a tow vehicle? I'm contemplating a used one to give me the option to tow my GT to more distant tracks.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Slightly off topic but, does anybody have any experience using a V10 Touareg for a tow vehicle? I'm contemplating a used one to give me the option to tow my GT to more distant tracks.

Andy-

I use a V-10 Touareg as a tow vehicle. I have close to 10,000 GT and Lotus towing miles on it. It is an impressive vehicle and pulls well. I have debadged it and it sure generates a lot of stares when I pass bigger rigs running in the mountains.

I also have an '08 F250 Super Duty that I tow with. I dare say that towing on the highway, the Touareg would outrun the Super Duty. In high wind situations I would give the nod to the Super Duty. The longer wheelbase and heavier weight make the combination more stable.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Andy-

I use a V-10 Touareg as a tow vehicle. I have close to 10,000 GT and Lotus towing miles on it. It is an impressive vehicle and pulls well. I have debadged it and it sure generates a lot of stares when I pass bigger rigs running in the mountains.

I also have an '08 F250 Super Duty that I tow with. I dare say that towing on the highway, the Touareg would outrun the Super Duty. In high wind situations I would give the nod to the Super Duty. The longer wheelbase and heavier weight make the combination more stable.

Chris, have you put a tune in your f250. If it is a diesel you can get some very impressive numbers!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris, have you put a tune in your f250. If it is a diesel you can get some very impressive numbers!

No tune, it is dead stock. I am not so worried about warranty issues, more about maintaining rock solid reliability. I am in some pretty remote parts of Montana and Idaho and cannot afford a problem.

Hey, it's not like I don't have another car to go fast in.:lol:lol

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
You betcha Christopher!! ...uh, er, I mean Chris....

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Bill-

You do know there's a rumor that his white one is quite slow. :biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
BTW- looks like a Trailex for me as well.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I can tell you in the Ford dealer can detect a chipped motor they will void the warranty as it relates to any issue that can be related to the chip. They are on the look out for chipped desels.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bill-

You do know there's a rumor that his white one is quite slow. :biggrin

Yeah...this coming from a guy that chickened out of Rally II for fear of the inevitable rematch...:lol:lol

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I'm the starter

Manny/Chris
I will be down this spring to south Fla to be the starter...
Were gonna settle this one!
Bill

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Bill- get ready for our own version of pinks--
- and don't forget to shave your head. We want this to be authentic.

Spoke to Carl @ Trailex today. Nice easy going guy. Should be ready in about a month. :thumbsup

Thanks to all for the help.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Pinks!

Manny-
I'll shave, you two just bring your titles and we'll have this thing out. Maybe at Moroso!
I'll look forward to you dropping by in a month on your way up....
bill

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
If you like Rolex wrist watches, CF Martin & Co. acoustic guitars, and James Purdy and Sons shotguns, you will like the Trailex enclosed car trailer. Each one custom built to your specifications, it is the smallest, lightest, and therefore easiest to pull transport for the Ford GT. Because of its light weight, aerodynamics, and small frontal area it can be pulled with vehicles that may be too light to pull bigger heavier trailers. The downside of course, is a price more than triple the cost of some other enclosed trailers. And if you live out here in the West they're not exactly conveniently located. Just the same, after examining a Trailex, you're going to have to have one. So right after the California rally, with a little help from Chris, I picked up the phone and ordered. The delivery charge of $3000 to Arizona seemed a little steep so I am going to drive out there in the dead of winter in mid-November and pick it up. Perhaps I'll buy a cocktail or two for some of my fellow GT Forum members along the way. :cheers I'm not sure if I really even need a trailer. Perhaps this is just an excuse to go on a road trip after Charley's football season ends. :biggrin

Chip

Chip,

Do you have a contact you'd suggest using when looking at one of their trailers for hauling exotics?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
If you can wait come to the PRI show in Orlando 1st week in DEC. Best show bar none on the planet. Most of the trailer and hauler people will be set up and writting show discounts as well.

Last year Torrie had his car on the out door dyno and SCVT had the flaming red one inside.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chip,

Do you have a contact you'd suggest using when looking at one of their trailers for hauling exotics?

Carl Carbon (800) 282-5042

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

Hi,I have a 26 ft ATC stacker and to date the only issue was with the rubber floor which was fixed at no charge . I carry the GT up and a sport trac on main floor. the trailer has about 19000 miles to date.

i