Aston Martin Vantage V12

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
For some reason or another I've got it again for an Aston Martin V12 Vantage or DBS or an Sls Amg. As often the case I won't be able to give it a rest till I've got it. I think the dbs is more comfortable but larger and slower then the v12v. The sls amg... Soo many of them already. Anybody has one or all of these

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
For some reason or another I've got it again for an Aston Martin V12 Vantage or DBS or an Sls Amg. As often the case I won't be able to give it a rest till I've got it. I think the dbs is more comfortable but larger and slower then the v12v. The sls amg... Soo many of them already. Anybody has one or all of these
The SLS is a great car ....and is bullet proof............BUT...sit in the Aston, its all over......you must go for the new ones, fit and finish is perfect and the drive train thanks to Ford back then, makes the car very reliable. If its old dbs like late 90's forget it, get a jag then for half the price......
My Vanquich is a modern DB5........I cannot tell you what people think once it goes by.......but the ride/interior makes you feel very good........good luck gtjoey1314

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
BUT...sit in the Aston, its all over......you must go for the new ones, fit and finish is perfect 14

That's just it to then Aston. For some reason or another the car get's you and makes it more unique. i'm comparing 2010-2011 v12v vs dbs. Both great cars. Dbs little biggger and some more space. A real difficult one

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Astons and Maseratis - Class acts! :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
That's just it to then Aston. For some reason or another the car get's you and makes it more unique. i'm comparing 2010-2011 v12v vs dbs. Both great cars. Dbs little biggger and some more space. A real difficult one
Both are wonderful cars........the quality and DURABILITY is now second to none............they are bullet proof......plus very exclusive...........also being one or 2 years old , you cut the buying experience in half........enjoy it in good health......gtjoey1314

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
DBS is a Vantage in Drag

SLS will be a classic with Gullwing for awhile

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
My Vanquich is a modern DB5........I cannot tell you what people think once it goes by.......but the ride/interior makes you feel very good........good luck gtjoey1314

Sooooooooooooooooooooo ........... is that your daily driver? :biggrin :biggrin

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
The V12 Vantage is the way to go. I prefer the proportions to the larger Aston Martins. As much as I like the SLS, the Black Series is going to take away from the base model.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
It's killing me so made appointment to test drive the V12v.
The ride is firm but not too hard, the engine noise is addictive and one allways likes to play with the rpms between 2500 and 3500 as then the engine makes a wonderfull sound.
Aston themselves say :it's not the idea to build the fastest car but a sporty car for people who like sporty but with margin (lots) of safety. Their clientele is between 45 ~ 60 years old. I've just turned 45 so should fit in there.
The power is rather disappointing especially if one is used to something a little more . As the car only had 100 miles on it I didn't want to push it too hard ( question of not upsetting the Aston people).
There also a noticeble power hole between 1200~ 2600 but could probably taken out with an Ecu tune. According what I read the engine basically made 600hp and tuned it down to 517hp. It should be piece of cake for a wiz to get the remainder power back out.
The most appealing and then then one forgets all the minor points is the luxury. No plastic at all on this vehicle nowhere at all and one senses the pure quality. I could get used to this

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I couldn't resist and pulled the plug on a new Tungsten V12V. I hope to have it within the next weeks, the pirelli tires are semi slicks and will come off immediately or I'll wreck it.

H

HHGT

Congrats and an excellent choice.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I couldn't resist and pulled the plug on a new Tungsten V12V. I hope to have it within the next weeks, the pirelli tires are semi slicks and will come off immediately or I'll wreck it.
Great choice, you will love the car, you are now in a very exclusive club.......The vanquish all came with yoko's and stick great.....bridgestones,michelin all are great choices.....
Imagine bottling the exhaust sound out of the v12........its really sweet..............all in the best of health.............gtjoey1314

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Imagine bottling the exhaust sound out of the v12........its really sweet..............all in the best of health.............gtjoey1314

No need to imagine the bottling of the exhaust anymore. Yeah you're right it is amazing and adictive ! I picked her up yesterday and done about 200 miles already to get familiar with her. Doing 140-150 is quit the same as doing 90 with another car. I'll need to watch that or I may take my bicycle again and start pedalling

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Post some pics please!

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Vantage 1.jpgVantage 3.jpg

Here she is

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Oooooooh, yeah! 'Very NICE!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Wonderful looking car.......................I now have 3,500 miles on my vanquish over the last 4 months..............its just a great feeling.......you really dont want to get out......The Gt is the american icon, the aston is the european version in a tuxedo............love them both, but you cannot explain the aston, it s just very, very special auto.......enjoy and all the best..........gtjoey1314

Last edited:

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
It really looks great. Congrats.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Stunning!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Belgiangt..........great news....Just recieved my Aston quarterly..........Aston will now service astons from the first ever built to todays most modern, they will also supply warranties, once certified, for as long as aston is around..if your car was already a dealer sales car its already certified....no matter how old..........they will also sell and repair new,used and VINTAGE astons, from day one...........big commitment......great news.........they will be recreating all panels,parts,rugs ,mats for all........the picture for the new commercial will have new cars and a db4gt in the work shop............enjoy the ride gtjoey1314