Attachments

• aston_martin_one_77_leak_003-1028-950x673.jpg
    aston_martin_one_77_leak_003-1028-950x673.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,197

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I hope the buyers deposits are in an escrow account. I am sure the Tesla buyers wished they did that.

Pricing for the One-77will start at close to £1.2 million and production will be limited to just 77 units. Despite the high price tag, Aston has reportedly received over 100 orders for the car, effectively selling out the entire production run. The sold-out status defies the incredibly weak current global economy and car market, as the roughly $2.1 million totals to nearly a quarter of a billion dollars worth of pre-orders. Even the deposit exceeds the price of many supercars at £200,000 ($351,000).

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Great looking car.

It's almost as pretty as a Ford GT. If I had a spare $2.1 million I still wouldn't spend it on a car however. :ack I'd have to sell a lot of Twinkies to pay for that one.

Chip

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have a question, what is the most important quality an exotic or a supercar is supposed to have? to me its supposed to look good, handle well, and go fast. very fast. how would someone feel if they spend 2mil+ on a car and pull up to a GT(with a whipple or tt) and get their a-- handed to them? now Im not a sophisticated guy and I come from very humble background, so I may not appreciated the exquisite quality of a 2mil+ car but it would have to have alot more than that for it to be worth it to me, Im with chip on this one, I would never spend the money on this car, it seems that these days so as long as you builds something someone would buy it, with out it having any merit as to what it is and what its real value should be. thats why I think the gt is by far the best supercar on the planet, arguably the best lines on an exotic, and with little mod one of the fastest, all this with the best price in its own class, now some may consider the fact that the price is so relatively low it may detract from its exquisitness, but I venture a guess, if there were only 77 gt's made they could go for 2mil+ and it still be worth it, more so than this thing:cheers

just my .02

my real question is can it really outperform the gt in the looks, handle, speed department by 10 fold? which is what the asking price is.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
my real question is can it really outperform the gt in the looks, handle, speed department by 10 fold? which is what the asking price is.

The people buying one could care less if a car 1/10 the price and blow its doors off. Part of the attraction to the ultra expensive toys are their exclusivity and uniqueness as much, or more so, than performance. Much like the guy owning a 300' yacht can care less if your speed boat beats it in a race.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I prefer the look of this Aston - not sure it'll ever be made.

aston_concept_575.jpg

screen.jpg

K32DKDXW.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I prefer the look of this Aston - not sure it'll ever be made.

aston_concept_575.jpg

screen.jpg

K32DKDXW.jpg

Ya. It's NICE, neil...but it doesn't hold a candle to that one-77!!!:eek:eek:eek

The 77's side "vents" look exactly like they were an idea 'borrowed' from the ZR1 (or Benz?) - and IMHO they are exactly what the ZR1 SHOULD have had.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Pockets, you beat me to it. The side vents look like they were swiped from a Chevy parts bin! You'd think for $1.2 Mil they could come up with something a little more original...

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Both of the cars pictured are absolutely stunning. I have always thought Aston Martin has made some of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. :thumbsup

I have only driven the DB7 and the DB9, but they drive more like a sporty luxury car than a sports car in my opinion. Still a great car to have either way.

H

HHGT

I have a question, what is the most important quality an exotic or a supercar is supposed to have? to me its supposed to look good, handle well, and go fast. very fast. how would someone feel if they spend 2mil+ on a car and pull up to a GT(with a whipple or tt) and get their a-- handed to them? now Im not a sophisticated guy and I come from very humble background, so I may not appreciated the exquisite quality of a 2mil+ car but it would have to have alot more than that for it to be worth it to me, Im with chip on this one, I would never spend the money on this car, it seems that these days so as long as you builds something someone would buy it, with out it having any merit as to what it is and what its real value should be. thats why I think the gt is by far the best supercar on the planet, arguably the best lines on an exotic, and with little mod one of the fastest, all this with the best price in its own class, now some may consider the fact that the price is so relatively low it may detract from its exquisitness, but I venture a guess, if there were only 77 gt's made they could go for 2mil+ and it still be worth it, more so than this thing:cheers

just my .02

To a few, money is relevant. To the majority it is a goal. For me this car is art and being the car guy that I am, this one just touched all my senses...Will I pay $2M for a car, naah. But, if an authority certified that it will out perform wall street in say the next 3 to 5 years, well you get the idea. Hmmm a managed tax-free 77 car fund.

And oh BTW, BONY knows when I buy a car, my final test on if it is a deal no deal would be....How it feels when I sit in it - in my birthday suit.:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
note to self...
never, never go car shopping with sam....
never,-never,-never :)

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Hmmmmm........Very cool but I like Neilda's version waaaaaay better

Looks like they borrowed from the GR-1

Attachments

• aston_martin_one_77_leak_003-1028-950x673.jpg
    aston_martin_one_77_leak_003-1028-950x673.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 74
  • gr1.jpg
    gr1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 73

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
This is what the new Vanquish should have looked like.

Its successor the DBS, looks like a DB9 in Drag

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The DBS IS a DB9 in drag and not a suitable replacement for the Vanquish...

This was my mine - and a pretty looking beastie it was too:

PICT0071copy2.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The people buying one could care less if a car 1/10 the price and blow its doors off. Part of the attraction to the ultra expensive toys are their exclusivity and uniqueness as much, or more so, than performance. Much like the guy owning a 300' yacht can care less if your speed boat beats it in a race.

ok but if everyone starts making ultra rare, exclusive cars, how long is it before there 30 different cars are on the market that are ultra rare, I guess what Im trying to say is at some point they will not be ultra rare. there will be a lot of different cars in the same catagory. some that come to mind are F50 which was very expensive when it came out and still is, how bout the old buggatti EB111, the Mclearen, S7, enzo, veyron, etc...
I undrestand the money point of veiw, and if you think of it as art, then there is no argument here, for me my 2+ mil will have to get me a lot more value, but I guess that the kind of guy I am.:lol:cheers

the analogy of the yacht and the sports boat does not apply a 300' Yacht is not supposed to be a sports boat, but both of these cars are in the same catogory, supercar, I doubt someone would pay ten times the price of a yacht for another that performs in the same manner,:lol

To a few, money is relevant. To the majority it is a goal. For me this car is art and being the car guy that I am, this one just touched all my senses...Will I pay $2M for a car, naah. But, if an authority certified that it will out perform wall street in say the next 3 to 5 years, well you get the idea. Hmmm a managed tax-free 77 car fund.

And oh BTW, BONY knows when I buy a car, my final test on if it is a deal no deal would be....How it feels when I sit in it - in my birthday suit.:biggrin

does this final test occur at the dealership?:eek
otherwise Im with Bony on this one, I not going car shopping with you:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
...the analogy of the yacht and the sports boat does not apply a 300' Yacht is not supposed to be a sports boat, but both of these cars are in the same catogory, supercar, I doubt someone would pay ten times the price of a yacht for another that performs in the same manner,:lol

Well, maybe the analogy was a little extreme, but I never consider AMs as ultimate sport and performance cars, more towards the luxury and GT end at the highest extreme. AM's price to performance was never a yardstick, rather its styling both interior and exterior was hard to beat compared to its "peers."

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The DBS IS a DB9 in drag and not a suitable replacement for the Vanquish...

This was my mine - and a pretty looking beastie it was too:

PICT0071copy2.jpg

I love the Vanquish!

Neilda,

Did you have the Auto f1 paddles?

Some said the gearing was too wavy and the rare option Manual was much better

How did you feel about the rear view; the ovehang scale seemed a bit heavy IMHO

Saw some go for $90K on ebay.....orig a $240K car

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets, you beat me to it. The side vents look like they were swiped from a Chevy parts bin! You'd think for $1.2 Mil they could come up with something a little more original...

Well, if you think about it, there are really darn few totally "origional" design ideas 'available' - that look good. Pretty much everything has an idea or two 'borrowed' from here or there.

Regardless, I LIKE this 77 MUCHO!!! But not $1+ mil mucho. 'Far as I'm concerned there isn't a car made by ANYBODY that's worth that kinda dough-ray-me.

Extreeeeemly Cheap Pockets.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I love the Vanquish!

Neilda,

Did you have the Auto f1 paddles?

Some said the gearing was too wavy and the rare option Manual was much better

How did you feel about the rear view; the ovehang scale seemed a bit heavy IMHO

Saw some go for $90K on ebay.....orig a $240K car

Yes mine was the factory transmission - so paddle shift. However this is not an auto box, the Vanquish is a manual transmission but operated by paddles - so there's no torque converter; put it into first and there's no creep forward. This makes hill starts interesting. Rear view is fine - better than the Ford!

As you note, there is an after-market option to fit a gear shift and clutch pedal rather than the paddles (they didn't leave the factory with this option) and this costs around $30,000...