Ask the GT DOC

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Next question.

I know we saw this on the tour, but old age is fading the brain.

Were the side stripes put on at Saleen or Wixom? Remember the rack, but don't recall which plant.

From memory, the optional (main) stripes were at Saleen, correct?

the painted center strips are Saleen installed, the tape side stripes are wixom installed at the end of the inspection line after the water test.

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Is it really that low? Can you provide a reference by any chance? (Other numbers I've seen were closer to 0.4)

Any idea on the cross sectional area?

I'm already familiar with the theory, but thanks just the same. Are you an engineer, too?

Yes, I am a service engineer for FORD. I was the assembly line supervisor of Saleen's body and chassis lines during the build from the CP build through production.

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I have a question. When under Floresent lights I can see a area on the top of the drivers door which looks like someone spotted the body B4 paint but did not block sand it all the way. it is oval shaped and about 4" by 2".
I did not want my dealer to touch it and it is not noticable but I wondered if Ford had anyone authorised to fix something like this under warranty?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Is it really that low? Can you provide a reference by any chance? (Other numbers I've seen were closer to 0.4)

Any idea on the cross sectional area?
quote]

Yes, I am curious about these numbers also.

Thanks,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
I have a question. When under Floresent lights I can see a area on the top of the drivers door which looks like someone spotted the body B4 paint but did not block sand it all the way. it is oval shaped and about 4" by 2".
I did not want my dealer to touch it and it is not noticable but I wondered if Ford had anyone authorised to fix something like this under warranty?

Contact Mark Steppy @ Saleen. He can help you with it.

ED8192

GT Owner
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne Australia
Steering rack

I am after the part# for a 2005 steering rack:cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Contact Mark Steppy @ Saleen. He can help you with it.

Thanks a bunch. I live just noth of Stony Creek park and not to far from the Troy plant if that is where they still are at.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Actually that is correct the switch came with the rubber on it. it is pretty easy to replace the switch.

Thanks! (I just now checked this thread again!:willy )
(Some people's kids are s-l-o-w...)

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Next question.

I know we saw this on the tour, but old age is fading the brain.

Were the side stripes put on at Saleen or Wixom? Remember the rack, but don't recall which plant.

From memory, the optional (main) stripes were at Saleen, correct?
The center painted on stripes are Saleen, the side Stripes were put on at wixom on a ramp rack.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
The painted magnesium center tunnel is painted with "super silver" as well? Can this area be touched up?

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
The painted magnesium center tunnel is painted with "super silver" as well? Can this area be touched up?

I also have a scratch on mine. When I called saleen they said it was a plated area.

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
I also have a scratch on mine. When I called saleen they said it was a plated area.

Todd the area is NOT plated it is painted by WKI industries that made it. the super silver is a very close match but saleen does have a mix to paint it to match (we did it on the line )

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

todd, love the shooting brake e type.... what a great avatar:biggrin

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Todd the area is NOT plated it is painted by WKI industries that made it. the super silver is a very close match but saleen does have a mix to paint it to match (we did it on the line )

So, I could call Saleen and have them send me a small amount of paint? Would like to touch up 2 small corners (unnoticeable to all but the most meticulous).

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
So, I could call Saleen and have them send me a small amount of paint? Would like to touch up 2 small corners (unnoticeable to all but the most meticulous).

Call Todd Helms @ saleen he will help you.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.

they sent me a full size spray can of touch up.:banana

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
todd, love the shooting brake e type.... what a great avatar:biggrin

Bony you need to change yours. Or at least make the headlights do something:rofl

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Bony you need to change yours. Or at least make the headlights do something:rofl

I agree, Todd. We are suffering from "High Beam" withdrawal:willy

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
Any Questions?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
nice to know we have an expert at our finger tips!