Article Compilation?

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Has anyone made an attempt to compile all past GT articles spanning the years from the car as a concept to its implementation and comparative road tests?

- doc

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
I thought about doing this, but gave up early on. I used to maintain a set of 3 inch thick binders with every article or road test written on Shelby Cobras, Shelby Mustangs, DeTomaso Mangustas, DeTomaso Panteras, and Sunbeam Tigers. It was a lot of work and expense.

I have compliled a fairly large collection of color photos of the new GT's, which I have printed out on 8.5"x11.0" photo paper, and made into a photo album. Here are some of the pictures before compiling the album:

DSCN8974_Large_.JPG

Some of the pictures I took at events like the Ford 100 celebrations in Dearborn and Monterey, some were submitted for the SAAC GT Registry, some are from Ford Media kits, and some I found on the Internet while doing research on the new GT's. I made up two books, one with Product Information from Ford (Order Guides, TSB's etc.) and the other is strictly photos. It was a fun project, but it didn't take long to burn up a couple hundred dollars of photo paper and ink cartridges.

DSCN9027_Large_.JPG

I started a new album in my photo gallery on this site to share pictures of some of the GT memorabilia I've collected so far.

GT Literature

regards,

Jeff

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Jeff:

That is an impressive amount of work. It must have been difficult to continue when you saw the time and expense mounting.

It would be ideal if this could be put into a form where it could be duplicated, and others could purchase and offset your expense.

Great work.

- doc

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
cobrajeff- I haven't seen the item in your gallery you have titled "GT plaque" before. Could you enlighten us to anything you might know about it as far as who made it, was it sold at some event or place, etc.? :cheers

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
GT Plaque

I bought the plaque at a Swap Meet. I believe the guy I bought it from said it was a memento given out to Ford dealers at the International Automobile Show in Detroit in 2002 where the GT model was first introduced. There is a label on the back side with a Ford logo that just says "Limited Edition".

Jeff

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Very interesting - thanks! :thumbsup