Arrived

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hi Guys. #1955 arrived today! Thanks for all the input. Special thanks to Tom for all his insight.
Car was trailered to my garage door and was rolled inside. 3.6 miles. Most likely away until next spring. Geez it came with barely any gas.
Car came with the following items;
2 keys and remotes
Ford GT bag with car cover inside and instruction sheet (probably will order a new one with soft underside)
Trickle charger and instruction sheet
air compressor
Tow ring
front liscence plate bracket ( not going to kill the front of the car with this)
quick reference guide
Tire warranty guide
owners manual
safety advise card
Owners info guide-- warranty, maintance and road aside assisstance
All manuels and instructions etc in FRENCH. So I have 2 of everything except tire warranty guide and owners info guide. (but can't read French)
Car looked great! Glad to have her home. :thumbsup :biggrin
Spring is a long long time away from today. :frown :thumbsdow

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
But hey it's in your garage right? Spring can't come soon enough! Congrats :cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations !! And the color is ????

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Thx DBK and stormcat. :cheers
The colour is white with blue stripes. BBS wheels and red calipers.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Sounds great Angelo - and thanks for the tip of the hat. You are going to love driving the car when you get the chance. Maybe the car and you should vacation in Florida this winter!!?? :cheers

One thing we didn't cover is the topic of storage and gas in the tank. For my car I put in the Stabil and then filled the tank to the brim before driving the 1/2 mile to my storage building. The idea is to run it long enough for the Stabil to get into all parts of the fuel system, and to have the tank full so condensation is minimized inside the tank. But I'm not sure if this is the only way to go or if it's better for a new car to have no gas in the tank at all - any thoughts on this guys?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
06fordgt said:
Hi Guys. #1955 arrived today! Thanks for all the input. Special thanks to Tom for all his insight.
Car was trailered to my garage door and was rolled inside. 3.6 miles. Most likely away until next spring. Geez it came with barely any gas.

Congrats!!!

For transport via trailer, I think less than 1/4 tank of gas is recommended for safety. Since the manufacturer probably delivered it to the dealer with barely any gas, the secondary transporter probably just left it as it came, since it was going to be transported again by them.

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
sycogt since the car has already been delivered I think what he means is it ok to leave the tank basically empty over the winter or have it full up?
Which way is better or is either one just as safe?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
06fordgt said:
sycogt since the car has already been delivered I think what he means is it ok to leave the tank basically empty over the winter or have it full up?
Which way is better or is either one just as safe?

We're lucky that we only have to do overnight storage in California.

Here are some storage tips from a website. Go to link for all ten tips.

http://www.buyclassiccars.com/storagetips.asp

Make sure your gas tank is full. This will reduce the amount of water that can be absorbed by the gasoline and it also slows the rate at which it turns to varnish. Use and additive like "Sta-Bil", "Dry Gas" or similar. Make sure it's well mixed and run the car for a while to make sure it's in the entire fuel system.
:wink

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
SYCO GT said:
We're lucky that we only have to do overnight storage in California.

Here are some storage tips from a website. Go to link for all ten tips.

http://www.buyclassiccars.com/storagetips.asp

Make sure your gas tank is full. This will reduce the amount of water that can be absorbed by the gasoline and it also slows the rate at which it turns to varnish. Use and additive like "Sta-Bil", "Dry Gas" or similar. Make sure it's well mixed and run the car for a while to make sure it's in the entire fuel system.
:wink

I've also been told to make sure the tank is full as well as put an extra four pounds of air into the tires to avoid flat spots occuring. It's also been suggested to me to put mothballs in a cup and put them inside and underneath the car to discourage small animals from nesting.

Rob

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Gierkink said:
I've also been told to make sure the tank is full as well as put an extra four pounds of air into the tires to avoid flat spots occuring. It's also been suggested to me to put mothballs in a cup and put them inside and underneath the car to discourage small animals from nesting.

Rob

Oh right. Actually I posted a Ford memo a month ago with the list of storage suggestions. They recommend filling the tires to 44 psi (no more!).

Also don't forget the battery tender! The GT Hotline lady (Cathy Richards) told me the tender supplied with the car is a 'float' style charger and that it can be safely left plugged in without hurting the battery.

Aug 25, 2006
Gierkink said:

Rob

"YES"..... full tank of fuel a must and if you intend on letting her sitting for the next few months a dab of "Stabil" is a VERY good thing.

Higher pressure in the tires was a great comment and then roll the gal a few feet every month or so will keep the initial flat spots to a minimum.

Enjoy your new gal; a piece of art just sitting in the garage.

All the best

Shadowman

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

Recieved our GT monday 8th instead of waiting for spring i am loading it in the trailer and taking it to naples fl. had some pictures taken at cape spear newfoundland [most easterly point in north america] the next ones may be in key west!
I was told that all gt's were to delivered by enclosed car trailer direct to the selling dealer however even though there were 3 cars coming together to newfoundland ,ford transfered them to the auto port in halifax and had them shipped by sea on a ro-ro ship.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Been spending some seat time with this beauty. Unfortunately it is not driving time. First problem I found is that the driver door needs to be closed pretty hard to catch. The pass side is as smooth as silk. I think some other members here have found the same problem. Hopefully only a minor adjustment. Still wouldn't expect this for the $ spent.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Mine went originally to Downey Ford Lincoln in Saint John NB, then enclosed trailer to Brampton.

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

our gt's number is 1953 and was loaded on the last day at the factoryon the 19th or 20th of oct[see cindy gt post]. the trailer[6 gts per load]them sat at the transport yard until they had a short tractor to take the load to Atlantic Canada .

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
at home

Attachments

• CIMG0468 c.JPG
    CIMG0468 c.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 206

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations!!! I bought my white with blue striped car last year at this time and it pained me to just put it away and not drive it. I do suggest that you top the tank and add a fuel stabilizer (1 oz. per 2.5 gallons - Not sure of the metric conversion, sorry!. Also, might I suggest that four extra pounds of air will do little to prevent flat spotting. Pump those babies up to around 45 pounds. It won't hurt a thing, as your tire pressures climb that high under hight heat anyway. I have a collection of 15 cars, and everythig gets 40 to 50 pound in the winter, just remember to let the air out when you drive it in the spring. You may also want to buy a "smart" trickle charger, rather than the one Ford provides, as it has no "float" mode to monitor the battery's state. Can't wait to meet you at one of the gatherings! :cheers

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Tim thanks for the kinds words of welcome and advice for over the winter. Hook up next year.

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

arrived in Naples FL friday night and off loaded the GT and first thing saturdaydrove to Tampa for the boat show. The trip up and back was great however being 44 inches tall not great on i75 with some of these drivers but it does beat the snow!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome new owners, enjoy the ride, post pictures, see you at the next Rally!