"around the world in a ford gt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Joey:

I will join you on the trip to Detroit - 1426 wants to return to its birth state

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I sure hope this doesn't mean that GTG's at the barn isn't going to happen this year!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Joey/Chris -

Look me up at the Monterey Historic Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca - I'll be crewing for Stan Rinne with his Lotus 23, and will be there from Wednesday through Sunday. I wont have the GT there, as it's way too dusty where we have to park, so I'll bring my truck over - with the BBQ that I set up in our paddock. Then, it's home quickly on Sunday night or Monday morning, and off to Salt Lake early Tuesday morning in the GT.

Ralphie

Last edited:

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
O.K. I'll plan on the 1st leg of the trip also. I'll try to adjust my schedule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
The Team.

gal_great_race8.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    148.3 KB · Views: 562

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
The Car

the-great-race-1-1b.jpg

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
The Finish

i020469.jpg

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The European hotel.

Worlds_worst_hotel_room.jpg

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Neil, we dont need the King Suite:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Wow, a/c , a wash bowl......we are trying to stay on a budget.....:lol gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The European hotel.

Worlds_worst_hotel_room.jpg

I'm now attempting to remove my breakfast from my keyboard. Thanks a lot, Neil. :ack :willy

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
That bed is way too nice. When I go over my legs hang 2 feet over the edge. Sleep in the GT --more room

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Ralphie, you have always pulled through my friend, is there anyway you can get a package for Nardo and I or someone we can contact so when we are at the track we have full passes/pits and all the rest...Neither of us have been there for the event.......Always wanted to though. The Pebble Beach concours I will try on line............
Nardo will be enjoying 360 down in houston ,once he returns Plycar will be picking up 360 to head to Howies show room floor for all to see and take spictures till 8/13/11.....
We will have a full report of parts,service,upgrades long the way.........gtjoey/nardo

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nardo and I have purchased an early "2005 FORD GT VIN# 360"
Silver/Black Stripe, Base Wheels, Black Caliper,Mac Radio GT.

Driving #360 to Houston this weekend for it's first public viewing. SILVER is THE color of choice in Texas! You will see what I mean.

1FAFP90S95Y400360
2005 Ordered by M. MACDONALD on 8/12/2004, built 11/8/2004, sold 11/26/2004
Silver, no center or side stripes, Mac, black calipers, standard cast wheels is one of only 3 made like that.

Isn't the same car you posted you bought in May of 2009? :confused

I purchased my 3rd GT yesterday.:cheers 2005 Ordered by M. MACDONALD on 8/12/2004, built 11/8/2004, sold 11/26/2004
Silver, no center or side stripes, Mac, black calipers, standard cast wheels is one of only 3 made like that.:thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie, you have always pulled through my friend, is there anyway you can get a package for Nardo and I or someone we can contact so when we are at the track we have full passes/pits and all the rest...Neither of us have been there for the event.......Always wanted to though....

Hi Joey -

I don't have any special pull for ticket packages - I just either purchase mine from the website, or, if on a particular crew, I pick up my passes at the will-call office. The website where you can purchase various ticket packages for the Historics is -

http://mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix_2011_RMMR

There is still quite a bit of time for them to mail you entry tickets, so you don't have to find the will-call area, the location of which varies each year it seems.

The Pits and Paddock are open to all spectators - there are no areas closed to guests, except the track itself (obviously). You might want to contact the Northern California Shelby (SAAC) group to park with their group. Ed Sims can get you the information on who to contact.

I would suggest that you get your lodging firmed up soon, as places are filling up quickly - and the prices become outrageous. Check Salinas, Marina, Seaside, Sand City, and, of course, Monterey and Carmel.

I've never participated in any of the activities with regard to the Concours, Auctions, The Quail, and other activities that take place, as I'm usually crewing for an entrant. This year I'll be with Stan Rinne and his Lotus 23.

A nice place to eat is Tarpy's Restaurant - a lot of the entrants will eat there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...595684,-121.822929&spn=0.183577,0.249252&z=12

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Ralphie, thank you......will do.....when you get time , tell me where your pits are and who you guys are with......we can do the hot dog truck routine and talk about the good old days.....
Okay all you Cali gt owners who's in......oops have to pass the SO CAL vw bug store for my son........:thumbsupgtjoey/nardo

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Isn't the same car you posted you bought in May of 2009? :confused

Wow, great memory Dave ........you are correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hi Joey -

I don't have any special pull for ticket packages - I just either purchase mine from the website, or, if on a particular crew, I pick up my passes at the will-call office. The website where you can purchase various ticket packages for the Historics is -

http://mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix_2011_RMMR

There is still quite a bit of time for them to mail you entry tickets, so you don't have to find the will-call area, the location of which varies each year it seems.

The Pits and Paddock are open to all spectators - there are no areas closed to guests, except the track itself (obviously). You might want to contact the Northern California Shelby (SAAC) group to park with their group. Ed Sims can get you the information on who to contact.

I would suggest that you get your lodging firmed up soon, as places are filling up quickly - and the prices become outrageous. Check Salinas, Marina, Seaside, Sand City, and, of course, Monterey and Carmel.

I've never participated in any of the activities with regard to the Concours, Auctions, The Quail, and other activities that take place, as I'm usually crewing for an entrant. This year I'll be with Stan Rinne and his Lotus 23.

A nice place to eat is Tarpy's Restaurant - a lot of the entrants will eat there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...595684,-121.822929&spn=0.183577,0.249252&z=12

Ralphie, just got off the phone with the track, theres tickets but the PREFFERED PARKING is sold out.....ANYONE have an in or extra pass so we can be on the inside instead of the hill? Awsum.........? GTJOEY1314/NARDO

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie, just got off the phone with the track, theres tickets but the PREFFERED PARKING is sold out.....ANYONE have an in or extra pass so we can be on the inside instead of the hill? Awsum.........? GTJOEY1314/NARDO

Have you checked with Ed Sims regarding the SAAC group? I just park my truck on the hill in the general parking.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Im working with the" Henry" on accomidations for saturday nite. Will come up with a game plan in the next week or so....
We have tentitve , NJGT,GTNJ,RED1442,HOWARD05REDRICH,PETE LIARD and 2 other Gt's just for the drive!:thumbsup
Might have some leads on the whole Monterey deal too...so keep reading, 360 is on the way after its showing in Houston, enjoy it Nardo........and all the rest
GTJOEY/NARDO:thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not sure I understand your point?

It was a question, not a point. What is the need to say you teamed up to buy and debut a new car when you've already had it for 2 years? :confused

Status
Not open for further replies.