Pack a tire plug kit !
Safe journey

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Maybe it will be the first GT with a trailer hitch and you can pull a UHaul :lol:lol:lol

'TOO LATE!!! It's already been done...the trailer hitch I mean. I forget who's GT it is/was, but, if you look on the "exhaust comp" thread you'll see it there! :wink:cheers

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
GT Joey/Nardo

Sounds like you'll be headed through Dallas, we'll take care of you while you are running through. This sounds like a blast. Tell us the dates and we can help planning. KEEP US ALL INFORMED... be safe

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
WOW this is huge news :thumbsup :cool :driving:

I am working on a special project for your journey. :secret:

:cheers
Trent

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
" Please read very carefully and enjoy "

Ladies and Gentlemen , "Nardo Chris" and I are about to embark on a very special once in a lifetime adventure and "ALL" of you are welcome to be a part of it along the way...............

Nardo and I have purchased an early "2005 FORD GT VIN# 360"
Silver/Black Stripe, Base Wheels, Black Caliper,Mac Radio GT.
This car with its band aid clips, front grill, billet arms , engine seal and all the rest will be our transportation "AROUND THE WORLD" ........................
There will be a short 100 page book when we complete our journey and all will be in it that came along the way....Let me explain.
There will be 2 Main phases of the trip , the first traveling around the U.S. , The second traveling through Europe and hopefully reaching the GREAT WALL OF CHINA......In 2012 next summer
This has been coming together over the last 6 months and I have to already thank everyone at Ford , The Forum and its members and to Neil and David in England for all there help in advance.
To keep this first thread short....Our American route will start like this.....
NEW YORK TO DETROIT
DETROIT TO TEXAS
TEXAS TO CALIFORNIIA
CALIFORNIA TO UTAH..THE RALLY
UTAH TO DETROIT
DETROIT BACK TO NEW YORK
Will hit canada and Florida after that run and document it all under the hood of the car with all of you signing along the way.....
Hemmings/Svtoa/Fast Fords/AutoBlog and others will cover the stories as well as the forum........there is just to much to list .
The end reult will be after 24 months to place "vin 360" in the Henry Ford Museum or the New Museum across the street for all to see and display....
Its all in the works as we speak........so sit back enjoy the ride its gonna be a long one and a fun one too.............Nardo email DBK we are in for the rally!!!!!!!! with a caravan behind us........whos in baby!!!!!!
Dates to follow.......

GTJOEY1314/NARDO CHRIS.........:thumbsup/:thumbsup

***DBK - can you please "Sticky" this???***

Biggest thing to hit Detroit since Rally 1. We must be relevant again, I see Detroit listed 4 times!! Hey, were back on the map!! :thumbsup

Look forward to seeing you guys!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Good Luck. We haven't seen you forever. See you at the Rally John

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
'TOO LATE!!! It's already been done...the trailer hitch I mean. I forget who's GT it is/was, but, if you look on the "exhaust comp" thread you'll see it there! :wink:cheers

The FGT with the trailer was originally done by the GT's Guys (i believe)...that car trailers his hoosiers and tools to the track and back ...works out really great.....BARONDW is that guy.....

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Chris, How many miles on the car when ya-all bought her?

"Silver, no center or side stripes, Mac, black calipers, standard cast wheels is one of only 3 made like that."

Rare indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Very cool trip, wish we could tag along but time won't allow. See you at our shop once you get to Detroit. Lots of pics is a must on this one!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys I just got in, will post the schedule tomorrow......Looks like we have 3 tri state gt owners trailing to detroit just for the ride and dinner:thumbsup
This is going to be some time........Getting to Pebble Beach was a dream, now Utah and those GT40'S.........IM READY AS MY PARTNER TELLS ME.........
Thanks for posting the car Nardo........we got lucky with the base wheels and all as for all around terrain they will suit the best........
The GTGUYS will do there magic and all of the trails of this super car will be brought out........
We have 30 Ford workers coming to the old Ritz so alot picture taking will be going on......
Enjoy GTJOEY1314:thumbsup

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
I'm in on the Florida leg

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Thats crazy and I love the idea!

Where in Canada?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Joesph - I'm happy for you and Nardo for living the Dream. Way cool my friends, Way cool. I want to see you two with the GT on the Great Wall too.

Particularly since it hasn't worked out for me to do a GT in Europe trip----yet.

And as Flatrod noted, I've not taken my GT to the great white north nor Hawaii either for that matter. And I have NO plans to do so. Maybe Tom Cantrell will drive his TT GTX1 on the Alcan to visit his old stomping grounds along the pipeline road. Highly unlikely though. The moose are too big and there's no way to bring extra wheels and tires along.

Travel safe. See you in Salt Lake.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If St.Louis is on the map from Detroit to Texas, you know where to stay.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thank you Frank,Jeff,Canuck and Stumeat, will keep you all in mind as we get a little closer.Thank you again.Jeff you know the hardest thing will be packing so we really have to be careful.We are going old school,Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldren no gps,ipads,tweets, just an old road altas imitation leatherette guide map book:thumbsup
This ones so old I dont think Alaska and Hawaii are even in it:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Well the trip starts like this, We leave Southold/Lucas Ford at 1 am drive route 80 all the way through NJ,PENN then Ohio turn north on 75 straight to the Hotel
That will all take place on sat the 13th of aug. Sat nite we have food and drinks for the Ford /GT people, do photo shoot for the mags .All the while the GTGUYS are prepping the car for us leaving sunday the 14th to head south to Texas.....If we go STLOUIS , we know where to stop.Will post that route on sunday before we leave.:thumbsup
Enjoy , Ithink Nardo has so more pics and details about 360......enjoy the ride....
GTJOEY/NARDO :thumbsup/:thumbsup

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
And you'll still have less miles than Jeff. BTW, luggage? (maybe I missed it)

Hey, maybe you could do a charity thing--we pony up so much per mile. Might make it even more special.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
GTJOEY & NARDO,
Wow !! What an adventure !! I look forward to seeing you at the Rally. I hope to catch up to you guys when you're in Florida ! :thumbsup Have the trip of a life time and keep the shinny side up !! ..:biggrin

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
GTJOEY & NARDO,

I'm jealous! Have a wonderful ride. See you in Salt Lake.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Joey, I may join you from NY to Detroit. I've blocked it out on my calendar.

Howard

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
This was an unexpected surprise........THE GTGUYS will be in town from our arrival date Aug. 13th till that next friday the 26th. Then they are off to Utah.
Im bringing this up because it now looks like, NJGT,O5REDRICH,HOWARD and Pete Liard are also coming for the 600 miles and getting work done on there GT'S! in Detroit......WOW!

Looks also like the MCA , mustang/svtoa group will trail along the first leg too......this will be a real cool caravan.....anyone else on this leg ,PLEASE PM ME....so I have a head count.......
Thanks GTJOEY1314/NARDO CHRIS :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.