Are zero-stripe cars ever available?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Those cars in the picture at Wixom had several stations to go before the final water torture test. After the water test, the side stripes were put on, so it's very possible there might have been side stripes that were taken off. Wasn't that all yellow car to have been repainted with some pearl paint by the previous owner?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Wasn't that all yellow car to have been repainted with some pearl paint by the previous owner?

Yes. I am going to give him a call and see if we can shed some light on it.

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Mine is tungsten with no painted stripes and with side stripe delete. Why NO stripes? I'd rather the cops think it's some kind of fiberglass body VW, like the Bradley GT, and leave me alone.

Also no Mac because I don't hear well enough to tell the difference.

Got painted grey calipers, because they match the body color.

Also, standard wheels because I thought they look better with the side stripe deleted. I clicked back and forth about a hundred times in the Ford website "color selector" that allowed changing wheels.

Another note about the wheels: The original order was submitted with the forged wheels. A few days later, I accessed Ford CONCEPS to delete the wheels (I work for the dealer), and received the message "too late to change." I had to work through the Ford Regional Sales Manager and the "Brand Manager" but I finally got the change made. I have a copy of the invoice with the wheels and a copy without the wheels. The Monroney is correct.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well, I am smarter though now wrong, and there is one less "naked" GT in the world.

Apparently the car was ordered with the side stripe delete, but it came with them anyway - so the window sticker IS correct. The receiving dealer took them off for the ordering customer. :thumbsdow

Anyway, probably still a unique combination (no strip, black calipers, no MAC :thumbsup , and standard wheels, but a side stripe). I guess in reality (I am now justifying for myself), it IS truely a no option car since the delete WAS AN OPTION.

OK. I feel better now.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
You couldn't get center stripe with the side delete? Didn't know that. .

That surprises ME has anyone seen this even as a modification ?:thumbsup

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Thanks to Quickdraw.

After several questions and communications, we clarified the status of my car. Turns out (or at least it appears) that it is the only no-option yellow (remember side stripe delete was an option). So, 1 of 1. Nice :thumbsup

And just noticed this is my 600th post.

WOW - need a life .........................

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That surprises ME has anyone seen this even as a modification ?:thumbsup

Painted top stripe automatically meant you're getting applied side stripes. I'm sure it's because it looks goofy on certain combinations. Looks pretty cool on others. For what it's worth, I was told the completely stripeless car was originally not even going to be offered, but one very wealthy mail-order computer company founder really wanted a completely stripeless black car. Hence it was referred to as the Dell Special. This car showed up here:

solidb3s.jpg

This obviously isn't a factory combo, but you get the idea how much it changes the proportions of the car visually. Much like the no stripe yellow looks wildly different than the striped version:

34157.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
After several questions and communications, we clarified the status of my car. Turns out (or at least it appears) that it is the only no-option yellow (remember side stripe delete was an option). So, 1 of 1. Nice :thumbsup

I would have assumed there might have been only maybe 3-4 no painted/ side stripe only yellows max. Mostly because I figured with so few yellows they were mostly dealer configured, and clearly most dealers just said "hey, check all the boxes with dollar signs next to them" :lol You're lucky in that it's 1 of 1 in the sense that no car is visually the same from the exterior at all. There's probably a couple 1 of 1's that are say stripeless/red caliper/mac or something, but I highly doubt there is any other paint combo alone that ended up 1 of 1.

Are you gonna put the stripes back on for posterity or leave it blank?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
the stillen orange with black looks good. Boy is that pass door way out of whack. The alignment to the top of the lower sill is way off.:willy

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Are you gonna put the stripes back on for posterity or leave it blank?

Well, probably has to do with how many people say "what is it". I think Centerpunch had that problem which is why he was talking about putting a Ford emblem on the back. Someone looked at mine yesterday next to the white / blue and said they liked the yellow more because it looked more exotic, more like a Ferrari or Lambo :eek :eek :eek (cr_p). And all of these years I thought those Ferraris and Lambo looked like a GT :biggrin

Since it is easy to put the sides back on, I may leave them off for now since in a way that is "how it came" of course with the knowledge that down the road back to "original" may be better.

And you are right how it looks like the proportions change with the stripe / no stripe - actually surprising. Don't know if that works the same for the other colors. Someone else was looking at it yesterday (busy day at the house) and was amazed that it was the same car - same size.

The 1 of 1 idea is interesting. Quickdraw sent me some information that there are 16 other no option cars (I won't list them since that is his turf). So the yellow is not only the one no option yellow, it is the only car for any color where there is one car with no options unless you divide up by year (one of the other colors had 2 cars, an 05 and an 06). Even the sonic blue, though 1 of 1, would not fit this category since it was also not a "no option" car.

Last edited:

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I specifically ordered no skunk stripes (thought they were ugly, overpriced and all of them I saw were badly done), no side stripes (tacky plastic kit car stuff), no big mac (ugly, overpriced and dumb), no extra wheels (didnt do anything for me) and yellow (matches sort of my Pantera). At the last minute I went for the red calipers (bad information--I was told the black were just unfinished castings -not powder coated). Wish I had gone with the default calipers--the red really isn't red. Im not sure what it is but its not red.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
the stillen orange with black looks good. Boy is that pass door way out of whack. The alignment to the top of the lower sill is way off.:willy

That's a race car that's been apart a few times. I know a car that had seen some impacts was basically donated to a race team, I'm not sure if that's the one...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
At the last minute I went for the red calipers (bad information--I was told the black were just unfinished castings -not powder coated). Wish I had gone with the default calipers--the red really isn't red. Im not sure what it is but its not red.

I know. It is so funny that we had to pay for painted red or painted gray. Painted black are fine and perfect for most cars. Makes you wonder why if you are painting calipers what difference the color would make for cost - unless there is something we don't know about the caliper paint. Maybe the black are painted versus powder coated? Anyone know?

But thanks, I am so glad you made that choice :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Black stealth

:eek I reviewed the zero-stripe cars, and it seems like they were like at most 50 ever available in any color.

Are these all custom-dealer orders (dual stripe delete) for specifric customers orders.

I saw a sinister all black no stripe car in the Wixom DVD and thought that would be scorched to own (even pushing by 2nd choice Gulf color away).

However, I realized finding one new was probably impossible.

A Tungsten zero-stripe car would be amazing too.
I just got my all black 06 last week dealer ordered it with just stereo and wheels no stripes and black calipers, looks awsome with that stealthy all black look........ bought to resell one day!

Steve

Attachments

• DSC00044.jpg
    DSC00044.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
no side stripes and window sticker

Have a black no stripe, no side stripe 05 #886. window sticker makes no mention of (side stripe delete) under options as some of above posts state should be the case. no stripes were on car when delivered. does anyone else have no side stripes and lack of mention on window sticker with near certainty stripes were not removed after build?

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
The stripe delete was an "option" that had a specific code and was included on the window sticker as such. There was no cost applied to this "delete-option" but no credit was applied either.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Have a black no stripe, no side stripe 05 #886. window sticker makes no mention of (side stripe delete) under options as some of above posts state should be the case. no stripes were on car when delivered. does anyone else have no side stripes and lack of mention on window sticker with near certainty stripes were not removed after build?

I went throught the same thing on my car. It does seem, like already said, that if they were deleted it would be on the sticker. Chances are it came with them to the dealer and they just took them off - easy since they are a vinyl add on. My guess is that when they ordered the car with no stripe, they just figured that meant the sides too. Remember, none of them really got that many cars to be second nature on ordering.

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
I went throught the same thing on my car. It does seem, like already said, that if they were deleted it would be on the sticker. Chances are it came with them to the dealer and they just took them off - easy since they are a vinyl add on. My guess is that when they ordered the car with no stripe, they just figured that meant the sides too. Remember, none of them really got that many cars to be second nature on ordering.
My ordering dealer says no stripes were on the car when it arrived and he is honest. Is there any other way to determine side stripe status from factory besides window sticker which was a ordered copy of original.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
My ordering dealer says no stripes were on the car when it arrived and he is honest. Is there any other way to determine side stripe status from factory besides window sticker which was a ordered copy of original.

Send a PM to Quickdraw. He was the one that told me my car came with a side stripe. I argued with him, then found out he was right (acutally turns out to my advantage). He seems to have a list that tells enough that you would know if it had a stripe or not.

I also talked to the selling dealer on mine (I bought it used with less tan 100 miles) and both the salesman and another guy told me they remembered the car and it came with no stripes. I also have the Ford service records that show nothing about the removal. I finally called the original owner and he said yes it did, they just came off quick - right after he took delivery.

Last edited:

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Stripes Redux Solid Yellow

I thought there was a charge for the side stripe delete, not a credit. Of course I'm wrong about a lot of things (see above) so it's not surprising. :)

#### No. No credit was given for having the good taste (IMHO) to delete the stripe. I do not believe that there was a charge for the side stripe either as there were "4 oprions" : radio, wheels, calipers and skunk stripes.

There were 4 and only 4 "all yellow" cars
1 05 belongs to a member herein and is in Califoirnia ??
1 05 or 06 sold by a dealer in eyeshot of the huge mosque in Toledo Ohio
1 06 made subsequent to my car that was in Detroit during the meet and
(2 stories) was either for export or was ordered in all yellow to be repainted
1 My 06 specifically ordered in that manner and delivered to Microville (aka BF) Pennsylvania