Are there any disadvantages to buying a new untitled GT from a non-Ford dealer?

Arm

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
South Florida
If I buy a new untitled GT (less than 3 miles on the odo) from a dealer that specializes in low mileage used exotics, will I have any issues with the car's warranty? Is the in-service date the date the car is titled, or the date it leaves a Ford dealership, or...?

Thanks.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Arm said:
If I buy a new untitled GT (less than 3 miles on the odo) from a dealer that specializes in low mileage used exotics, will I have any issues with the car's warranty? Is the in-service date the date the car is titled, or the date it leaves a Ford dealership, or...?

Thanks.

I looked at a "new" '05..with 4 miles on the odometer. It had been purchased by a dealer from a Ford dealer. I had my local friendly Ford dealer run the vin# on their Oasis system, and the cars warranty had officially started one year earlier. That was my experience.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
If you are financing, you might have to pay a higher finance rate for a car that might be considered technically "used" instead of new.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Lost warranty.

The warranty starts when the car leaves the Ford dealership. If a non-Ford dealer has had the car for 12 months, a year of the factory warranty is already gone. :thumbsdow Check the "in-service date" to see when the warranty started. A Ford dealer can check it for you.

Chip

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Arm said:

Thanks.

I would guess it has already been reported as sold to Ford and Warranty time started then. So in Ford's database you are not the original owner. DMV will "should" consider it a new car, and you should be able to get a good rate on money depending on your background. I would look it over real good though cause there are not to many reasons for a Ford dealer to want to flip the GT to a exotic car broker at this point in the price's. Also look at Certificate of Origin for verification on history and that it has no title.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I bought my '05 GT from Lamborghini of Dallas a few weeks ago. The warranty started the day I bought it.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Fubar said:
I bought my '05 GT from Lamborghini of Dallas a few weeks ago. The warranty started the day I bought it.

So they said or did you verify? Not flaming it's just your experience seems to fly in the face of others posting here. Also I thought the cars had more than 3 miles on them due to factory testing. Mine had 7 or 8 I believe... I bought mine from a Ford dealer I buy lots of work trucks from.

Biggs

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I took my car to a Ford dealership about a week after I bought it. I had them check the car for any recalls and also adjust the doors and hood properly. They showed the warranty to have started just a week or so prior. (Honestly, they looked kind of shocked too).

I guess that Lamborghini could have bought it and sold it before Ford got the paperwork.