Anyone tried Aquapel?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Supposed to be about 50x better than RainX and I happen to love RainX.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GUO2J8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A23ADOZFIJNPFB

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I love Rain-X too but not how quickly it gets worn off by the wipers.

Aquapel is much longer lasting -takes a little longer to apply but well worth it. Made by PPG who are also a major auto glass manufacturer.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
PPG used to make glass. PPG is now PGW and buy all their glass from china.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

:thumbsdow

I suppose their paint now comes from China too? :frown

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have been curious about the Stoner products, Any experience out there?

Their repellent looks easier to apply and strangely not legal on Catalina Island? :confused

http://www.amazon.com/Stoner-92186-...5NLM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305873128&sr=8-3

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Of course all of this only matters if someone other than me drives their Ford GT in the rain. I really got a hoot out of all the anal driver's going to Vegas when a shower popped up on the drive. LOL.....it was quite comical. You would have thought their cars were going to melt from the rain. I commented " the only difference when I drive my GT in the rain is that it runs a bit cooler".

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Of course all of this only matters if someone other than me drives their Ford GT in the rain. I really got a hoot out of all the anal driver's going to Vegas when a shower popped up on the drive. LOL.....it was quite comical. You would have thought their cars were going to melt from the rain. I commented " the only difference when I drive my GT in the rain is that it runs a bit cooler".

+1 & the Wipers work good!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I have been curious about the Stoner products, Any experience out there?

Their repellent looks easier to apply and strangely not legal on Catalina Island? :confused

http://www.amazon.com/Stoner-92186-...5NLM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305873128&sr=8-3

I use the regular Stoner Invisible Glass and its amazing.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
+1 & the Wipers work good!
I got caught in the rain last week on the way back from the 9th ROE (run out east), it was a little over 100 miles each way, the wipers worked great (I replaced them last year when I got the car), and after a wash when I got home, it's all clean and under the cover again, ready to ride!!!! The car doesn't melt in the rain, I do prefer driving it when it's nice out!!!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
The car looks better without wipers

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
:thumbsdow

I suppose their paint now comes from China too? :frown

I worked at PPG Aerospace in Huntsville AL about ten years ago, our glass came from Illinois then, I have no idea now. Doesn't matter, they have factories in something like 60 countries and employ thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, here at home.

They may have reached into the China cookie jar to remain competitive but it is still a decent company to work for (on the glass side). :thumbsup