Anyone seen a vinyl wrapped GT?

silversurfer

GT Owner
Jun 14, 2008
You guys have seen this on other cars I'm sure. Advertising for a business or simply to change a paint color without repainting a car...I'm wondering if anyone has ever encountered it on a FGT? I'm going to be participating in the Gumball Rally and am going to be wrapping the car to make it look like something super duper top secret and special :thumbsup

If I could find someone who has done this before with their GT, it would save me lots of time and money because someone else already had a template made. This means I wouldn't have to pay someone to 3D plot/map my car's panels.

I called Matech with hopes that they used vinyl but they paint all their panels then add stickers.

Any help guys?

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I have not seen a GT completely wrapped in vinyl before but I am sure you can contact a company specializing in clear bras that would have a large majority of the car already plotted.

DWP

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Southern CA and Utah
Exotic Car Wraps in Culver City has done a GT before. They do a lot of exotic cars for various rallys. I think the guy to talk to is Rami.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
From stories I heard about the rally, you may want to vinyl wrap an addition item...

ELIM

Jan 15, 2008
the OC, CA
... I'm going to be participating in the Gumball Rally and am going to be wrapping the car to make it look like something super duper top secret and special :thumbsup...

Spotted at the Gumball SF starting location...

2747534910_a6d827ee19_o.jpg

GT-350 KID

Jan 23, 2008
Denver, Colorado
Is that thing really a "flat black" GT?

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Black Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs would eliminate the last refuges of any colour whatsoever!!

Aug 25, 2006
Spotted at the Gumball SF starting location...

2747534910_a6d827ee19_o.jpg

When unwrapped this gal is black with stripes

I worked with this fellow during the massaging process during which we installed a Gen II Whipple, I hand thermal wrapped his cat back exhaust, converted her to a bumperless ass, integrated Michael aka FreeFlyer's 30 PSI vacuum boost gauge, Kip's carbon fiber/leather center console cubby, had the seat cushions lowered for more head room, lowered her stance thanks to Alex aka T & A shocks, the wheels were powder coated satin black, and blacked out the side and rear lens.

Then immediately after this was completed she was entirely wrapped with matt black vinyl prior to decals being installed.

The updates as receive indicate that they are having a blast !!

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Car looks awesome. I happened to catch it in San Francisco this afternoon. Here are some additional photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mgrigs/Gumball?authkey=O3t_TOxXZzg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That looks so wicked!! Here's a link to some more pictures on TeamSpeed.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/modern-muscle/9551-flat-black-gt-very-slick.html

With Wash. plates, it's pretty much a given that it's silversurfer's. Nice camo ride!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mike, nice pics, don't know about the navigator's head gear? :)
Also checked out your Africa pics, you saw gorillas, how awesome!! Will go looking for them on my next trip to Uganda.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Flat black is wicked, saw an Enzo in Monaco with the same finish and that was amazing...

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Matte black is becoming very popular...in fact on the new LP560 (new gallardo) its a factory color. Matte white is also available on the 560.

I think it looks awesome on the GT. Great job silversurfer!

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yup, saw a 599 in Maranello going across the line, it was very wicked..

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Also checked out your Africa pics, you saw gorillas, how awesome!! Will go looking for them on my next trip to Uganda.

Highly recommend the mountain gorilla trek in East Africa.

The wrap job on the black GT was excellent. Would have sworn the car was repainted.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There is a handful of exotic cars heading up tomorrow (Sunday morning) to the Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood. They will attempt to join the Gumball 3000 rally group and do their best to drive down to San Diego with them. A few other locals will also jump in around Carlsbad and join on the way to SD.

Some pics of the participating cars from yesterday at the SF starting location:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eshaun/sets/72157606607312017/show/with/2746305990/

Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood:
http://www.hollywoodroosevelt.com/index.php?page=hrh

Gumball 3000 Rally:
http://www.gumball3000.com/rally

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
I've updated the album with photos of some of the other cars in attendance: http://picasaweb.google.com/mgrigs/Gumball?authkey=O3t_TOxXZzg

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
WOW! That is a fantastic look for the GT. :cheers to you SilverSurfer, that's amazing!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Black

Awsum look...I hope you're going to wear a Darth Vader helmet!

Please tell me more about your DTM? What a car. I saw one yesterday!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I've been waiting for a 2008 version of a RAT ROD..... Finally!! Absolutely brilliant..... love it..... holy cow.... OMG..... bejesus..... I love it..... way to go... I want it...... wow....