Oct 17, 2007
Just wondering if anyone went and how they did. :biggrin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Boredom

No, but I attended a wedding reception this weekend that was a BORE.

Ed

Funeral for a bachelor?

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Ha Ha.

Big Bend Open Road Race

Some west Texas folks on here were talking about going to the BBORR instead of the Texas Mile and I was wondering how it was.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Bborr

Very Cool Event.

The best sounding car in the video section is the Gulf Heritage Ford GT!

Spirit was that you?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
i was just looking at the results page and noticed there was an 05 ford gt
but also listed were a 68 gt40 and 69 gt40 !

steve

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Steve,

The 66 Cobra from San Antonio is a Lone Star Classic kit. I have the same one and we were talking recently about this race. He said it was a blast. They will do it again. I plan to put it on my list to do, just behind the Texas Mile in Goliad.

Larry

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i will be doing this race in my viper next year. i will be in the 140 mph class

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
I was the 05 GT.

My very first event and only have factory belts, so was limited to the 110 class.

I didn't have a navigator so used an egg timer to keep track of time. Finished 52nd out of 160 and 7th in my class out of 22. Missed the mark by 1.7 seconds.

The towns of Ft. Stockton and Sanderson go all out to make this a fun event. I had a blast and hope to go back again next year with harnesses so I can move up to a higher speed.

Spoke with Donnymac while I was in Ft. Stockton and he is planning on attending next year also.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Funeral for a bachelor?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl Good one ED!

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
My good friend Charlie Friend, set fastest average speed (166.722 mph) and top trap speed (204 mph) in a Corvair that is much more like a Ford GT than any Chevy you've ever seen. Its mid engined with a 400 cu in small block putting out about 700 hp through a Porsche 930 transaxle that's been flipped over. If anyone wants to see this monster, he'll be racing against my 216 mph Camaro at the Nevada Open Road Race in two weeks.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, inc.
The GT School

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
BBORR is 120 miles of rock and roll with parties at both ends. Its pure west Texas style with ranch/oil towns Sanderson and Fort Stockton providing 110%support.

Field this year was capped at 160 cars and there was a wating list. 2 of the most interesting unlimiteds were the Corvair TallCarGuy mentions and a Studebaker that looks like a duck tape backlash. Vettes pretty much dominate the field.

Got to visit some with RedGT. He raced but I didn't.

Need a few more GTs for 2010.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Need a few more GTs for 2010.

Rally IV 1/2?:thumbsup

RedGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 21, 2006
Foxfield, Colorado
I am definitely in. We need to register as early as possible as they sell out at 160 cars and had a waiting list this year.

Ole Blu

Ole Blu / Ford GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 23, 2008
Covington, LA
Will you be required to have a roll cage????

Ole BLu

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Vettes have a cage above 145 mph or 155 - can't remember. Harness and fire system is also required as tech speed increases. Hans comes into play as well.

Tech speed rules may be on BBORR web site. Not sure.

I need a beer. :cheers

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Two unlimiteds from last weekends race

M&M NASCAR and Corvair(TallCarGuys buddy I think) at 207 mph.

Last edited:

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Okay, now you see the nasty little Corvair. Charlie drives the wheels off that puppy. The M&M car is owned by Dave Carpenter, another complete character. He has a big block monster in that one, but it has had quite a few teething problems. Hopefully it is all getting sorted out. Great guys, both of them.

I hope some of you are able to make it to the Nevada Open Road Challenge, (May 14th - 17th). Charlie should be there and I hope Dave makes it as well. In any case, you will definitely meet a whole BUNCH of car crazy people.

Richard Hille
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School