Anyone own an Aston Martin??

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I bought my wife a 08 Vantage Vert in Febuary and have 3,000 miles on it with no problems. I am very happy with this car so far. I had a deposit on a DBS but it looks too much like a DB9 and doesn't have enough power.

How is it to drive? I hear very good things about the Vantage roadster - great handling....

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
DBR2.

Actually quite shocking to drive. A 3 series BMW would tower over you - so I felt rather minuscule on the road. That shot is at Goodwood, where something like the DBR2 belongs - I feel nothing but admiration for the chaps that raced them at Le Mans (and elsewhere), we think the FGT's are basic, the DBR2 was bare! :eek

Very quick though. It is thought that mine had a 1959 'spare' race engine, but not sure.

Neil -

Here're a few shots I took of a DBR2 at the Monterey Historics in 2007.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Hey Kelvin,

So, based on that first picture can we assume that you are the only ass-man in that group?

Hi Kendall,

That's almost always the case, no matter where I go - need to continually remind my F-buds what I think of their founding father.

The single exception is the last photo of my friend's 288 GTO who usually doesn't follow the crowd either (the Honda snuck in there when we weren't looking).

Attachments

• CIMG1408.jpg
    CIMG1408.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 85
  • CIMG1427.jpg
    CIMG1427.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 85
  • CIMG1439.jpg
    CIMG1439.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 89

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Neil -

Here're a few shots I took of a DBR2 at the Monterey Historics in 2007.

Lovely - and in seriously good order too!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I took a ride in GT Jim's DBS. Car is either Stratus or Morning Frost White, about as far removed from Jim's black no stripe GT as can be. Suffice to say, the car is stunning, and I'm usually no fan of white cars (sorry Bony). Interior workmanship/appearance is absolutely incredible. It really comes across as the "bespoke car."

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006