Anyone love the stock cast [6 spoke] wheels?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
OK, i realize 88.5% of you have the BBS forged wheels so I will tread lightly...:lol

As it turns out:

11.51% of all 4,038 GTs had the standard wheels

2005 = 15.58% (316 of 2,027)
2006 = 7.40% (149 of 2,011)

For me the chunky, turbine-blade style of the wheels [esp. rear one] was the only way to go.

Oddly, only 2 2006 red GTs with cast wheels were ever sold in NY state ( i passed on both). Looks like 2-3 per state were ver available [ex. CA, TX]

Were the wheels a deal-breaker for anyone else in other colors?

The $3500 price savings helped too.

Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Kayvan I also like the original 6 spoke wheels. My car came with the multi spoke so I ordered a complete set of the 6 spoke with spinners. Came with all new valves stems and covers. Have not decided what rubber yet.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
me likey:biggrin muy goodo:cheers

ottocars

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2007
florida
i like them they have the spirit of the GT40

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a car with stock wheels, sold the wheels and tires for a few thousand and bought 19"/20" HRE's. Too much sidewall on the standard/optional wheel/tire combo.

ottocars

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2007
florida
i guess its never to late.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes

Kayvan I also like the original 6 spoke wheels. My car came with the multi spoke so I ordered a complete set of the 6 spoke with spinners. Came with all new valves stems and covers. Have not decided what rubber yet.

Same for here.:thumbsup
Will be painted Epic Orange to go with the Heritage paint scheme.:biggrin

i like them they have the spirit of the GT40

Agreed.:thumbsup
Makes the machine look more as the originals did.:biggrin

M

Mark O

I have the stock wheels but I like the lightweights better. Anyone local wanna trade wheels & tires? :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have the stock wheels and I think I prefer them! Both wheels have a great look but the stock ones look chunkier somehow - hard choice though.

Being in the UK the choice was rather limited in 2005. In fact I had a choice at the time of, erm, roughly, roundabout, approximately.... one car only! Fortunately it was in the colour I wanted (red with stripes) and I'm glad it didn't have the dustbin bass unit and pleased to have the stock wheels.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I have the forged wheels but prefer the cast wheels. However, since I wanted a midnight blue/stripe car with the standard radio and red calipers (which I got) I couldn't be too picky as my choices were very limited. I plan I buying a set of the stock wheels.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You can never have too many wheels. Just get both sets.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Both of my cars came with the lightweight BBS wheel sets, but I ordered a second set of the 6-spoke for my Heritage Livery car. I'll paint the centers orange and have the look of the 1969 LeMans winner.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I love the way my 6 Spokes look stacked up in my warehouse.:lol
The spinners look great in my drawer too!:banana

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I like them as well,

but decided to order the I-Forged wheels in black... :banana

I think the 6-spokes painted orange on the heritage cars looks absolutely sick!!! Love the picture in florida chris' sig!

ottocars

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2007
florida
I like them as well,

but decided to order the I-Forged wheels in black... :banana

I think the 6-spokes painted orange on the heritage cars looks absolutely sick!!! Love the picture in florida chris' sig!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
agree agree agree agree agree

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Wheels

I replaced my BBS wheels with the stock wheels on the Heritage. I love the look.
Far more "period". Not sure I will go as far as Chris and get them painted orange.
BBS now the track wheels.

Gordo

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I have stock wheels on my '05 Midnight blue. Only option the car didn't have... would have preferred if it was missing an option for it to have been the Mac. I am into old school so I like the stock wheels. That being said would not mind a set of I-Forge in Black. Which style I-forge for those that have them?

Stu

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I personally love the stock rims on my car. Now that varies by color what I like on other GT's. Oh and they are way easier to clean too. :biggrin

I have stock wheels on my '05 Midnight blue. Only option the car didn't have... would have preferred if it was missing an option for it to have been the Mac. I am into old school so I like the stock wheels. That being said would not mind a set of I-Forge in Black. Which style I-forge for those that have them?

Stu

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I specifically ordered mine with the standard wheels. Pity they are so considerably heavy.

Love Florida Chris'es Heritage with the painted standard wheels too ... WAY TO GO FOR THE HERITAGE, looks completely stunning....:thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Oh and they are way easier to clean too. :biggrin

Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... Easier to clean ... ........
So True