Anyone know this Silver GT??

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Helping a good friend of mine find a GT to buy... Red is the primary choice but silver is a close second (gotta have the stripes for sure). We came across this one...http://www.catsexotics.com/web/used/Ford-GT-2005-Lynnwood-Washington/1548115/ Anyone know about the car or history? Good or bad? Pretty serious buyer, he wants to land one for summer driving. Our cruising seasons are short up here along lake Erie. Let me know if you guys know of anything under the radar for sale. Thanks in advance. Eric

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We don't show any history of having done any work on this car. I looked through the pics. All looks pretty normal. The coil pack covers look to be discoloring and the throttle body shows a bit of it too. Not that unusual and seems to be more frequent with cars near an ocean environment. Tough to tell, but the Ford GT steering wheel emblem shows some spotting but unfortunately we see this now on almost every GT. Axle bolts will most like need to be done. I'd also recommend an oil pump belt change as car (with that low of mileage) may have been sitting un-started for substantial periods of time. Despite low mileage and nice pictures, there's no substitute for a PPI. Choose us or someone else, but DO have it inspected before a purchase. Good luck!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
$270K. Wow. I wish him the best of luck in his negotiations.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Shelby has a red 1700-mile car for a bit less...and you can be sure it's perfect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Ford-G...9ed1cb561&item=111352264033&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I have bought two cars from him sight unseen and no PPI. They were exactly as described and I have never looked back.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I second that motion! contact Shelby for his red one. Keith

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thank you all for the info thus far, some great leads......

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Yes, if he is looking for a red car, we have a great example. Give me a call anytime at 8709318004

Always buy the seller first. Shelby is solid.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
By buying from Shelby, you save the added expense of the PPI - a definite savings for someone in your location.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
EP would check it out, but it isn't within walking distance.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Looks silver. Priced gold.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
I'd recommend he find a 2006 maybe with a few more miles. The Ford GT looks great in any color but Silver is my least favorite. No offense meant to the Silver Ford GT owners out there but they didn't build a lot of them in that color for a good reason and it wasn't a shortage of silver paint LOL