Anyone know about Ford GT hotline?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I got my car, and it has it an issue that needs Customer support from Ford. I tried calling the regular Ford customer care and they weren't too helpful. I've heard there is a Ford GT "hotline" or something. Is this true? Since my dealer "lost" the manuals (he has ordred another set), I have no documentation to look up customer service for the car.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You should get a letter from Ford specifically about this topic. I think a copy is posted somewhere on this board. Seems like the letters started coming out after Xmas. I'm not at home, so I can't get to mine. Anyone else got their's handy?

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Gulf GT said:
Since my dealer "lost" the manuals (he has ordred another set), I have no documentation to look up customer service for the car.

This seems to be a big problem. I hope he ordered the right one.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Rear diffuser was damaged during transit from factory to the Ford Dealer, most likely going on or off the transporter from the factory. I then shipped the car here to California. The low truck and single car transporter I used could not have scraped the diffuser; it would be impossible due to the angles. The owner of the Ford Dealership initially agreed with this assessment. Now that I have the car here in California, the Dealership owner "isn't so sure". Typical car dealer. First, someone in his dealership steals the manuals, now he’s changing his story to suit him on the diffuser issue. Supposedly he ordered me new manuals, after hearing this latest statement, who knows what he is doing. :thumbsdow

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I never got a letter from Ford. I must be on the black list :frown

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Gulf GT said:
Rear diffuser was damaged during transit from factory to the Ford Dealer, most likely going on or off the transporter from the factory. I then shipped the car here to California. The low truck and single car transporter I used could not have scraped the diffuser; it would be impossible due to the angles. The owner of the Ford Dealership initially agreed with this assessment. Now that I have the car here in California, the Dealership owner "isn't so sure". Typical car dealer. First, someone in his dealership steals the manuals, now he’s changing his story to suit him on the diffuser issue. Supposedly he ordered me new manuals, after hearing this latest statement, who knows what he is doing. :thumbsdow

Who is the dealer? I must steer clear of them forever.

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
got the number

Silverbullitt said:
Who is the dealer? I must steer clear of them forever.
just got my letter today phone number is 1-866-742-ford 3673 hours of operation are 830 am to 500 pm est

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
two letters

There are actually two letters. One is a "how to store and maintain your GT". The second is a Ford GT customer service info letter with names and addresses, numbers, etc.. :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Bought mine last Sept and still no letter. :confused :confused

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It seems to me that they send them out in batches. I got my car on New Year's Eve and got a letter about a month later, but at the same time many other owners on this forum got theirs, some who had their cars many months before me. There hasn't been anything posted about this recently, so it's probably time for a batch to be arriving. Someone has just posted the phone number, so you have what you need. Good luck in resolving this. Ford, it seems, has been very receptive to resolving issues as you can find on the old posts here on this forum.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Ford Ltrs

Got my second mailing today. Same letter as first with Cusomer service number for GT program. The only care and maintenence I have read was in the owners' manual.

I've spoken with Ford factory GT team members. They have been very good to deal with, and extremely helpful. Very up todate with correct information. Called back to see if my problem had been resovled. Don't hessitate to call them.

BTW the folks I talked to are car people first. Very enthusiastic about the GT program and busy with the Shelby program.

And they are ready for our :party . I look forward to meeting all of you and all of them.

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Any chance of posting the letters? Since I didn't get mine from the dealer car was originally delivered to I assume I'm not on the "list" to receive the letters.

Mine was orignally delivered to dealer in MI, then to a motorsports company, then to Bently Long Island in Jericho, NY. From there it was delivered to its intended original home - MINE!

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I bought my GT at the beginning of this month (May) :biggrin and received the letter from the Ford GT Assistance Center today 5-19-06.

As previously mentioned, the contact number is 1-866-742-3673 :thumbsup

mardyn

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Got mine yesterday!!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
White Petunia said:
When did you get your car?

Purchased machine on 03-06-06.
Took delivery on 03-10-06.
Love This Thing!!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
One of the guys here faxed me a copy, thank you. Today I got the same official letter from Ford's GT Customer Service department. Will call them on Monday and likely get a much better response to my problem. Don't want to mention the dealer name yet, as he may still help me out. He doesn't have any more GT's allocated to him anyway. Thanks for help guys.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Keep us posted Gulf.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I have looked carefully at a car with a (likely) similar scrape on the bottom of the diffuser and also examined a car to determine if it can be removed as I am going to remove this gee-whiz ugliness from my car. The good news (if you do not get satisfaction from the dealer-- "satisfaction-dealer" ???) is that it can be easily removed. When removed the damaged tine (for lack of a better term of the veritcal parts ) can be easily cut down to remove the damage and the other tines similarly cut down to match. I suspect that as much as .500 could be cut off of all of the tines so that they match and the repair would be undetectable. As the part is merely plastic cutting it would not effect the color. I would cut it on my Bridgeport but I believe an acceptable job could likely be done with something as simple as a file and a bit of time .