Anyone know about 05 #328 Yellow/Black

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I have a friend who called me today to look at a possible purchase. It's 05 #328 and came from the east coast. It's at a dealer and that's about all they know. It shows a clean Carfax but it does have 8600 miles but I drove it and it seems to drive well without any major defects. It has black calipers, and Macintosh with the cast wheels. I pointed out a few things to him like when you shut the drivers door from the inside something sounds loose in there but I think the early 05's had some door latch issues and were recalled right?? Also, the plastic around the rear outside hatch glass looks like someone hit it with a buffer so that will need to be replaced and somewhere along the line someone put a lame lighted shift knob on it so the dealer said he had ordered a new factory knob. The other thing I looked at was the rear upper and lower control arms look like they are CNC machined billet not like the style on the 06 I'm used to but I think they might have been replaced as a Ford TSB too correct?
Thanks! :thumbsup

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
I have a friend who called me today to look at a possible purchase. It's 05 #328 and came from the east coast. It's at a dealer and that's about all they know. It shows a clean Carfax but it does have 8600 miles but I drove it and it seems to drive well without any major defects. It has black calipers, and Macintosh with the cast wheels. I pointed out a few things to him like when you shut the drivers door from the inside something sounds loose in there but I think the early 05's had some door latch issues and were recalled right?? Also, the plastic around the rear outside hatch glass looks like someone hit it with a buffer so that will need to be replaced and somewhere along the line someone put a lame lighted shift knob on it so the dealer said he had ordered a new factory knob. The other thing I looked at was the rear upper and lower control arms look like they are CNC machined billet not like the style on the 06 I'm used to but I think they might have been replaced as a Ford TSB too correct?
Thanks! :thumbsup

I think you've got an error in the three VIN numbers. 2005 0328 was built as a red car with white stripes...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Make sure you get a PPI done by someone that knows the GT.
Carfax means very little.
The issue with the doors was loose pannels, I fixed mine with new double stick tapes. The billet arms are works of art, nothing wrong with them.
Is the car in the valley, I have never seen a yellow GT around here.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I think you've got an error in the three VIN numbers. 2005 0328 was built as a red car with white stripes...

I could have sworn I wrote that down right..I guess not..I'll look at it again tomorrow.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Make sure you get a PPI done by someone that knows the GT.
Carfax means very little.
The issue with the doors was loose pannels, I fixed mine with new double stick tapes. The billet arms are works of art, nothing wrong with them.
Is the car in the valley, I have never seen a yellow GT around here.
Hi Daniel,
Yes, the car is here in Fresno now. The door sounds like something behind the panel but I think he's going to take it down to Swanson-Fahrney tomorrow for the door issue.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
cool, we need another owner that wants to drive their car in Fresno. Lots of musuem pieces down here... hope everything comes together.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
cool, we need another owner that wants to drive their car in Fresno. Lots of musuem pieces down here... hope everything comes together.

Thats for sure! :cheers