Anyone Here From Romeo Engine?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
I know were have several memeber here from the Wixom GT lines but anyone who works at Romeo Engine? I would klike to know where the engine and transmission serial numbers are placed on those units.

I know on the Lima produced Lincoln 3.9 engines there were two bar code stickers semi visible from the top but it was also laser etched four places on the engine itself. You had to drop the pan to see at least some of these laser etched numbers. How about the GT - does anyone know where these serial numbers would be?

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not sure where the engine serial number is. We had to scan the engine and trans numbers from paper bar code labels on them. We also etched the cars VIN # on the top of the transmission, and the left rear cylinder head. :thumbsup

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
I'm not sure where the engine serial number is. We had to scan the engine and trans numbers from paper bar code labels on them. We also etched the cars VIN # on the top of the transmission, and the left rear cylinder head. :thumbsup

The bar code labelss you scanned for the engine and trans - are they visible in a fully assembled car? or Hidden by hoses etc?

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
One label is on the oil tank, and one is on the right front of the motor, just below the valve cover. You should be able to see the oil tank one fairly easy, although you may have to use a mirror.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I will ask one of my sales engineers to ask next week when they are in the plant. We build the machines that put the serial numbers on them.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
I will ask one of my sales engineers to ask next week when they are in the plant. We build the machines that put the serial numbers on them.

Thank you Tom....

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
One label is on the oil tank, and one is on the right front of the motor, just below the valve cover. You should be able to see the oil tank one fairly easy, although you may have to use a mirror.

Can anyone look for one of these two labels and tell me their engine serial number?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Quickdraw the number I found is:
RF 467V
6C064-CB
Let me know what you can make if this info.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Quickdraw the number I found is:
RF 467V
6C064-CB
Let me know what you can make if this info.

I don't make anything of those nmbers but have sent you a PM...

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Quickdraw got your PM. These numbers are on the front right of the engine (pass side) just below the valve covers. I thought that was the location to look at, as previuosly posted. I couldn't see under the oil tank even with a mirror. Maybe need a smaller mirror. Anyways if you or anyone else can tell me where to look I'll look again.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Quickdraw got your PM. These numbers are on the front right of the engine (pass side) just below the valve covers. I thought that was the location to look at, as previuosly posted. I couldn't see under the oil tank even with a mirror. Maybe need a smaller mirror. Anyways if you or anyone else can tell me where to look I'll look again.

Sorry, Ive never even been able to even look at the engine of a GT in person.