Anyone heard about #24 for sale in Michigan?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I have a family member who is about to buy this thing next Monday.

It was supposedly made for the vice president of Ford (what division not sure, might just be the "vice president"?). This guy retired before the car was built and moved to England, then decided he didn't want the car (no, it's not J Clarkson :lol ). Then Kid Rock was suppost to buy it but he got another one...blah, blah, blah...

Anyone heard anything about this car? God knows whats rumor or fact these days.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The only people I know that retired that were English and bought the car were Nick Scheele and Mac Macdonald. Scheele definitely wasn't a VP. Macdonald only retired a couple of months ago though so I would have thought his would have been built long ago. He was VP Finance...

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
DBK said:
The only people I know that retired that were English and bought the car were Nick Scheele and Mac Macdonald. Scheele definitely wasn't a VP. Macdonald only retired a couple of months ago though so I would have thought his would have been built long ago. He was VP Finance...

It's Nick Scheele's car, just found out he's the guy.

DBK-
Heard anything about this car/situation with him? It's red, #24 (no stripes I believe). Asking 151K for it or something.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
50 BMG said:
It's Nick Scheele's car, just found out he's the guy.

DBK-
Heard anything about this car/situation with him? It's red, #24 (no stripes I believe). Asking 151K for it or something.

Interesting. Wonder why he decided he didn't want it. What kind of miles does it have on it? There's a stipulation that anyone in the group eligible to have the car built must keep it for a specified period of time, or agree to sell it back to the company. I assume this means the company bought it back. He may have never driven it. Is your family member buying it through a dealer?

I'll see what I can find out...

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
DBK said:
Interesting. Wonder why he decided he didn't want it. What kind of miles does it have on it? There's a stipulation that anyone in the group eligible to have the car built must keep it for a specified period of time, or agree to sell it back to the company. I assume this means the company bought it back. He may have never driven it. Is your family member buying it through a dealer?

I'll see what I can find out...

My uncle is buying it, 151,000 dollars. Car has been titled to ( I believe) Nick S.

It is being resold through a dealer (not sure who off the top of my head...I'll post when I find out). ~100 miles on the car.

Here is the kicker. Scheele wants the check made out to him. That doesn't make any sense to me since it's being resold by a dealer...which is the very reason I started this thread in the first place.

BTW, what position did N.S. retire from?

EDIT: Car is being sold out of Village Ford, dearborn is the city I think...

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not sure why it'd be made out to him, unless Ford has agreed to allow him to sell the car on his own, which I guess they have. It would have been titled to him already. The 24-month stipulation is obviously meant to keep privileged buyers from speculating on or flipping the car. If he's just moving back to England, and is trying to sell the car for what it's legitimately worth, I assume Ford wouldn't care.

"Sir" Scheele (say it shay-la) retired as President and was succeeded by Jim Padilla. He was, as they say, "the man". Not a bad piece of trivial history for car ownership...

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Thanks for the help. I'll have the old man take some pics of #24 then next week.

Car is being sold out of Village Ford...dearborn I think :confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
50 BMG said:
Thanks for the help. I'll have the old man take some pics of #24 then next week.

Car is being sold out of Village Ford...dearborn I think :confused

That's his car? I pass it several times a week. It's been sitting in their showroom for several months roped off, visible from Michigan Ave. He must have agreed to let them sit it out there for show.

Village is a MASSIVE dealer because they're about 2 miles from WHQ. Tons of employee biz. I should stop by Monday morning to see if it's still there
:biggrin

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
You'll probably run into my dad and his brother if you stop by on Monday.

I told him you're the guy helping me on the information end about this car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Drove by tonight. Saw the velvet ropes against the window, GT gone, hopefully in your relatives hands...