Anyone has problem filling up the gas tank?

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Sorry for jumping in without reading the whole conversation but I have had similar problems in south Florida. Sometimes It just keeps kicking back and stopping the flow. Doesn't always happen though

richardson221

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
My flap is broken. I can see it hanging down. Causing gas to back up and turn off nozzel. How did you fix. New assembly is expensive
Thanks
Mike

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
HeritageBruce

Where have you been? Like you dropped off the face of the planet. I have the same problem. Usually it happens at Chevron Stations. It if the pressure sensor or some connection with the Chevron hose and nossle. I don't have the problem with other stations like Shell, or 76. Try getting gas at another station if you are using Chevron and see if the problem is still there.

EJ

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Sorry for jumping in without reading the whole conversation but I have had similar problems in south Florida. Sometimes It just keeps kicking back and stopping the flow. Doesn't always happen though

There was a thread here a while back from a member who claimed that the flapper simply gets knocked off its hinge in the filler neck. A pain to get to, must remove fender liner and access from wheel well. According to him he was able to reattach the flapper and all was good. I'll look around for the thread.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
The day before yesterday I had to fill her up and it took such a long time. A long time ago somebody found a fix from another ford car but forgot Which car. Need to get it fixed one of these days. The pistol always jumps offf

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
The day before yesterday I had to fill her up and it took such a long time. A long time ago somebody found a fix from another ford car but forgot Which car. Need to get it fixed one of these days. The pistol always jumps offf

Filler assembly from an F-150
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...uel-Filler-Fix-solution-found-and-engineered&

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
There was a thread here a while back from a member who claimed that the flapper simply gets knocked off its hinge in the filler neck. A pain to get to, must remove fender liner and access from wheel well. According to him he was able to reattach the flapper and all was good. I'll look around for the thread.

It can be snapped back in, but does require disassembly. The key is, while it's apart, to improve on the keeper that holds it in place so it doesn't pop back out again.