Anyone getting a Saleen S7?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Out of all the ultra-super cars (enzo, veyron, mclaren, slr) this seems the best.

http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_main.htm

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I like the Zonda F. piece of art...

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Out of all the ultra-super cars (enzo, veyron, mclaren, slr) this seems the best.

Yeeeaaah, I'm going to have to go a head and disagree with you on that one.

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Saleen S7

I looked at one, sat in it and pushed the start button to hear the engine.

The problem is there is no dealer that can work on these in Florida. The owner would be required to have it shipped to Denver, NY or CA for service.:willy

I talked to the NA rep for Saleen at the Winter park Concours and he said they would be putting in a dealership in south Florida very soon.

There are Saleen dealers but evidently S7 is a different animal. I frankly did the same exercise with an Enzo and my blood boiled more than with the S7. I actually looked seriously at a Enzo to buy, due diligence for the lack of a better phrase. The owner forgot to tell me it fell of a truck. Ops:ack

Rob LeFrancois (regional Manager) is going to call me when the dealership is open so I can come down look closer and decide. FYI, They have a new vehickle with 1000 hp. This will replace the 750 hp unit currently on sale. Rob told me they have sold 100 units.

FYI, I ordered a Ferrari 599 which should come early next year. Meanwhile the FGT continues to excite me. While I like my 2006 F430 the FGT is more enjoyable. Both are great cars

Good luck.

Lee

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
FYI, I ordered a Ferrari 599 which should come early next year. Meanwhile the FGT continues to excite me. While I like my 2006 F430 the FGT is more enjoyable. Both are great cars

There is quite a few here that will fully agree with this ! ...what color are you getting the 599... I finally decided for black. Don't forget to order th
e big challenge wheels, definitely needs those !

TCT

Apr 24, 2006

I guess you got the TPS report.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I guess you got the TPS report.

OK, guess we all saw Office Space on cable in last week.

Classic cult film; and reminder why we all have (evidently) escaped cubicle-dom.

Last edited:

Speed Thrills

GT Owner
Jan 8, 2007

Much rather invest in a TT for the GT.

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Color of 599

There is quite a few here that will fully agree with this ! ...what color are you getting the 599... I finally decided for black. Don't forget to order th
e big challenge wheels, definitely needs those !

I like the black color but since I have a few black cars I will get the Ruby red with tan interior.

Lee

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The problem is there is no dealer that can work on these in Florida. The owner would be required to have it shipped to Denver, NY or CA for service.:willy

Lee

Hmmmmmmmm. Not too much different than if an FGT should happen to need a new windshield then, huh.:eek

I took a "sit down" in an S-7 a couple years back. Getting in and outta one is for you "younger" types, trust me.:ack
('Didn't care for the fact that my feet were one full zip code over to my right when seated either.)

Last edited:

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ

+1. Great powerplant as well.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
...I finally decided for black.,,,

Hey Stefan, what happened to going with white?

ShaunaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
newfoundland canada
ShaunaGT

Jason Heffner has done work on a S7 you may want to ask him about the car and service.
alex

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I believe the Ford GT is the best. I looked long and hard at a Saleen , but the GT won out.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I love the look of the front of the S7, but that huge rear overhang is ooogly.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
f599

Hey Stefan, what happened to going with white?

Hey Kent,

Nah, don't have the guts until i see it very, very final.... But, the moment they are producing one, I'm in the factory to see it life one more time. Then I make the final decision.. There is two whites, the Maserati pearl, or Schumachers milk white.. tough call, and expensive gamble if it goes wrong. Difference is also that in Europe you order, and they build to order, vs in US usually the dealer orders, and you decide in the showroom. A bit easier, to find what you like !

BlACK my dealer current has one in consignment, and it is just beautiful. Dave, doesn't look like the corvette at all, and the details stand out right, elegant, sporty, it's his color, supports the line..
Will get the handling pack, if they have it available soon.

If you all want, in the pits I can post some pictures of it.

Stefan

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
My brother has a S7 (one of the early models 550hp). It is a beautiful car inside and out. It will also out perform the GT on every test. However you could buy 3 GT's for the price of one S7 (and that’s the older, cheaper version).

I put a pulley on my GT and did a little street racing with my brother. The S7 was quicker off the line, but I could always catch him. The GT would also push through turn turns where the S7 was glued down. The S7 is just more race oriented; it's more of a track car.

I think the S7 was discussed in more detail on other threads.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006

You got that right. Only problem, where do you pick one of these up at?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
You got that right. Only problem, where do you pick one of these up at?

Will meet Horacio Pagani mid February (actually, also for some non-car composite business project).. will let you know more details in a months time:wink

The F roadster is 672euro, the F clubsport 600, the FB 573.6 (000euro, that is)

it's steep, but beautiful in all detail. never driven one....:rofl

Stefan

Mar 15, 2006

:cheers