anyone exhaust stats?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Like a whirlpool my head is spinning....Anyone had any success seeing Hp or TQ gains with different exhaust system set ups?

Maybe post what ever you have and the numbers.

Last year I think the Ford Racing & Borla had little or no gains other than weight & lower temps.

I like the idea of weight and lower temps but I need data to help push me over the fence.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The weight savings alone are worth it. Over 50 lbs. savings. The only reason not to, is if you prefer the quiet stock sound and enjoy the blower whine. Both will go away with an exhaust change.

Some have reported about a 50 hp increase on a modified engine and none on a stock motor.

Last edited:

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Yea what BLack ice said.

Less heat too.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Headers and exhaust mods don't help much on fixed displacement superchargers.
The exhaust on GT's are already efficient, just not pretty.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
A well designed exhaust for the GT will not add horsepower or torque.

It will avoid heat soak, because of the poor design of the original muffler, thus saving up to 60 hp when the car is running at normal or race conditions. A poorly designed exhaust will not result in these savings.

Bob Ida has a write-up on this subject on his website.

http://www.perfectpowerusa.citymax.com/page/page/3095644.htm

Dave

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
A well designed exhaust for the GT will not add horsepower or torque.

It will avoid heat soak, because of the poor design of the original muffler, thus saving up to 60 hp when the car is running at normal or race conditions. A poorly designed exhaust will not result in these savings.

Bob Ida has a write-up on this subject on his website.

http://www.perfectpowerusa.citymax.com/page/page/3095644.htm

Dave

Well stated!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The weight, heat, and looks are enough of a reason in my book. I just did it. It was great to see the engine coolant temp go down significantly.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Like a whirlpool my head is spinning....Anyone had any success seeing Hp or TQ gains with different exhaust system set ups?

Maybe post what ever you have and the numbers.

Last year I think the Ford Racing & Borla had little or no gains other than weight & lower temps.

I like the idea of weight and lower temps but I need data to help push me over the fence.

Look at www.fordgtexhaust.com

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
the sound!

oh my gosh! The sound of my Ida exhaust is worth more than any hp gains & weight savings! It sounds like Le Mans 1966 again. I've listened to all the exhausts & the Ida beats all for a repro sound of the GT40. It wails & screams Ferrari Slayer!

Ed

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
Waconia MN
Yes you will get some weight savings I put on the ford racing headers and had them coated inside and out (hp coatings) and bolted them to the stock muffler and got a big heat reduction and gained 61 hp. and a sound you can use on the road.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
..... gained 61 hp.
In combination with a pulley or tune or both I presume?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes you will get some weight savings I put on the ford racing headers and had them coated inside and out (hp coatings) and bolted them to the stock muffler and got a big heat reduction and gained 61 hp. and a sound you can use on the road.

I believe that is the same setup that Stefan has. He swears by the sound. I hope to hear a car with that exhaust someday. Are you coming to the '07 Rally?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I believe that is the same setup that Stefan has. He swears by the sound. I hope to hear a car with that exhaust someday. Are you coming to the '07 Rally?

Chris, I think Stefan has the FRPP long tube headers with the Borla muffler not the stock one.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris, I think Stefan has the FRPP long tube headers with the Borla muffler not the stock one.

Doh. Yeah, my bad, I remember now. :cheers

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
Waconia MN
In combination with a pulley or tune or both I presume?

NO 1 tank of 93 octane and back on the same dyno

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
NO 1 tank of 93 octane and back on the same dyno
Great; sort of belies the notion of "no gain with a fixed displacement supercharger". I just installed a complete Stainless Works long tube header/exhaust system with metal cats. I could be wrong but SOTP, my car feels stronger.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great; sort of belies the notion of "no gain with a fixed displacement supercharger". I just installed a complete Stainless Works long tube header/exhaust system with metal cats. I could be wrong but SOTP, my car feels stronger.

Same here, we are running the same gear. Thanks to the Shadow!

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
Electric Cut outs

I have the Ford/Borla exhaust and now just installed electric cut outs with another set of tips. Larry Macedo with M2 power did the work and it sounds great. I can still have the up-graded throat of the Borla and still realitifly quite inside the car. When I want to open it up (Cats Back) all I do is hit a hidden button on the stearing column. What a sound it makes. Not as load as the snorkle tube but almost. When smokey is around I hit the button and back through the Borla. I will try to do a short vid for those who are interested. Oh yes I have also done the pully change, 5 point belts, rear back up cam, trans cooler install and Diablo sports maxflo. At this time we are setting with 640+rwhp and 600 fptq. First and second gears can be fun when standing on it. About time for another set of rear tires.